What's new

Galveston ship spike?

Wifiducky

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 13, 2020
Messages
9
Reaction score
7
Golden Thread
0
Location
Houston
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this some months back, what is it? It was surrounded by black substance with shells and barnacles. Hit it with a hammer a few times to get rid of it to see if it was just a railroad spike. I dont think it is. Any idea?
 

Attachments

  • 20190908_135506.webp
    20190908_135506.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 117
Its. 6"×1"×.6" or so.
 
Upvote 0
Could be bronze scratch off some of the discollard part and see if it shines alitttle
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • 20200221_090212~2.webp
    20200221_090212~2.webp
    149.9 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I would say it's from a ship or maybe an old pier if there's one close by. The head doesn't look like it has been hammered on. Could have been driven in and then sawed off?
 
Upvote 0
Very cool. It was close to Pleasure Pier maybe a half mile or so. Though I hope ship!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom