What's new

Garage sale find

KelSuzy819

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jul 17, 2020
Messages
5
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I loved it when I saw it, but don't exactly know what it is. Looks like, feels like jade. Any insight will be much appreciated. IMG_20200628_190548.webp
 
Welcome to tnet a few more pics with something for size reference. Looks pretty cool
 
Upvote 0
It's amazing the variety of names they come up with as these get dispersed throughout the world.
Jade, jadite, and onyx being three.
I think most of them are agate, though.
Similar to this:

Modern, chinese, rats, agate

rat.webp
 
Upvote 0
What you have there is Lavender Jadeite. IMO
 
Upvote 0
Here is a reference pic.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20200718_065859.webp
    IMG_20200718_065859.webp
    720.7 KB · Views: 70
Upvote 0
Cool piece. It makes me think of "The Great Wave of Kanagawa" - which reminds us that you can't fight Mother Nature.

hokusai.webp
 
Upvote 0
2020, The Year of The ___
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom