I had one. It was the deepest PI I've used so far. Once on the beach I hit on a target. I dug and dug and finally at about 16" I found a quarter. I checked the hole and still got a signal. Another 10" or so and I pulled out a nickel. It has been by far the deepest coin I've found. Using it on dry/wet sand I found you had to search perpendicular to the water. The threshold would drift higher the closer to the water. It was fine in the water and on dry sand (if you want to dig tent washers at 2 feet). Don't buy it thinking it will discriminate out trash because it won't. If you notice on the face of it it doesn't say "trash discrimination" it says "elimination". It does this by greatly reducing the sensitivity to smaller items.
I think it is one of the most underrated detectors out there. Sure it's heavy, but hip mount it and that isn't a problem. I just bought another one off the forums and it should be here by monday. I still have quite a bit of time before the Gulf gets too cold to hunt and this year I'll buy a wetsuit to extend that too. I've never tried the 10x14 coil with it, but I've read it makes it hard to use in the surf.