Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love mine, coin finder!

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its a coin shooter for sure. Mine just started randomly beeping even when coil is in the air so I think mine might be defective.
its a decent detector and will find things but its not the great in high mineralized ground. the icon is never right on mine so I listen to the sound and dont even look at the icon screen.

Bottlecapbill

Feb 4, 2014
Sault St. Marie , Ontario Canada
Detector(s) used
AT PRO International, Blisstool V3, Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its a coin shooter for sure. Mine just started randomly beeping even when coil is in the air so I think mine might be defective.
its a decent detector and will find things but its not the great in high mineralized ground. the icon is never right on mine so I listen to the sound and dont even look at the icon screen.

It's a cheap machine. Here is my advice for ace 250 users. One..don't use any modes. Run it in custom mode or whatever it's called, I can't remember. Wide open. Dig anything from foil and up and pay attention to the tones. In most places you will not be able to run the sensitivity wide open, just go as high as you can without excessive noise. Try not to use it in really wet grass as it can get a bit sensitive. Don't store it in your trunk on a hot day, if you get the unit hot it will false and false and false until it cools back down again. Bring some advil to calm the headache you will probably get from all the noise. :) Have fun! It will find you stuff, but don't trust the discrimination. Just dig a lot.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great starter machine.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A ton of other started machines that r better and less annoying than the ace.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I won't knock the ace 250 got one.I have found some good things with it but i found a teknetics delta 4000 at a garage sale for an absolute awesome price and it beats the ace by a mile i have gone back over some of the areas i hunt at and it goes deeper and id's better.It is very easy to learn to use.Cost more than the ace but i would say well worth the extra money.And again not bashing the ace people are very sucessful with them.But i would take a look at the delta if i were you.Good luck with whatever you decide on.HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread