Garrett Ace 300i - beeps when shaken

YellowFellow

Apr 26, 2022
Hello to you all,

I've had a 300i for 2 months now and sometimes I do weird things to check reactions of the detector. So, I extend my arm while holding the machine and shake it, left and right, like I wanted to shake off a bug without letting go of the md. When I do that, it beeps continuously, gives that nice score sound and the display shows an ID over 90. So, is it normal, e.g. when the cable is too loose, or maybe the shaking disturbs the plug and that's all? Important points: when the coil is positioned perpendicularily to the rod, it's difficult to force a beep. But when I position the rod and tilt it back a little like I was actually going to search for sth, then do that shaking thing again, it beeps like crazy.

It's all weird, but I just need to know. English is my second language, so a great writing exercise by the way. All the best to you guys.

Upvote 0

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might have a loose connection where the cable attaches the control panel. It has happened with my Ace 250.

OP
OP
Y

YellowFellow

Apr 26, 2022
I'm sending it back to the retailer, as the issue stems from the faulty coil. This ends my adventure with Garrett, nevermore I will purchase anything broken from the start.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread