dusty1530

Aug 14, 2013
Brownsville
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see two different gear Detectors at Pro models and I'm just curious one comes with two different coils one comes with a standard coil which I believe is the largest coil does anyone ever use the smaller coil on the ATV pro and if so why I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the extra money to buy this AT Pro the comes with two coils

IF its the 5x8 coil, its used for trashy areas, I'd say you get both coils! Ive heard very positive feedback regarding the 5x8! Good luck

I,m running a 350 with 5x8 and reserving the larger coil for quiet areas,those with few signals.Its no sniper coil but the 5x8 separates targets better for me than the larger coil. Should the spots I work regular quiet then the larger coil will get used also.I suspect a wee bit more depth to the larger.
I like the lighter weight of the 5x8 but am running it because where I hunt the most the sites have lots and lots of targets. I been noticing the spring special on the AT-Pro with two coils and it is appealing, would be more so without multiple detectors all ready.
Find your best price and then call Bart at big boys hobbies for his best deal.:thumbsup: At least consider a vendor on T-Net as they help make this forum possible, help down the road after sale is all ways good to have available as well and they can often beat the deal you bring from elsewhere.

Last edited:
The guys are right... In both packages you are getting the same AT Pro... Just in one package you get one coil and in the other you get two (+some other goodies). The smaller coil is perfect for separation in trashy areas... Everyone who has one loves it. The two coil package is a great deal, give us a call... We give great Treasurenet discounts can't get on Amazon. :hello:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back