What's new

garrett pro pinpointer help..

olekyground

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 4, 2009
Messages
1,565
Reaction score
429
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all. I was just wandering if people were having trouble with the Garrett pin pointer? I have only had mine for like less then a year. Every time I got to check a hole it goes crazy... I tried to change the battery but it still wants to do it. Any ideas?
 
Thanks! I will have to check it out really good and see if everything's in place.
 
does it go crazy when you are putting pressure on it or just when you turn it on if its when you put pressure then you probably have a bad one and will need to send it in
 
the quarters in the cap trick fixed the pressure thing for me. I guessed when the cap got pushed on, it pushed on the battery & set it off
 
Actually I checked it out and Jeff was right. The little spongy piece on the top of the cap had come loose. I just glued it back in place and works fine. Thank you all very much!!!
 
Yes exactly what Jeff posted. If you have further problems, contact the Dealer you purchased from...If it was us, i will take care of you asap! I can't remember if you bought that from me or not, but If you did, we will get you a new one right out
Mike
 
Then there's always the Harbor Freight pinpointer for $16. "Sneer" Frank hand print-2_edited-5.webp
 
Then there's always the Harbor Freight pinpointer for $16. "Sneer" Frank

I thought about picking one up till I get mine back from Garrett, But HF Pinpointers don't Vibrate.
this is what was wrong with My Garrett, it stopped Vibrating.

so I guess I'm on another 2 week vacation from Detecting. ???
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom