Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is too sensitive for my hunts. I hunt trashy areas. The whites will pick up on the smallest pieces it also is deeper than garret. I dont like poking around in the hole all day digging it all. I can see several uses for the detecktix but I am not carrying two pinpointers around. I will buy one someday. But for general hunting the inexpensive garret is my goto pinpointer. If detectix wants the market it will have to lower its price and give better customer service than garret.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Garrett's are pretty on top of there game...I dont know if you ever tried to contact them, but they will go beyond thier warranty to make things right. Not discounting the other pinpointer, but I know garrett will go out of thier way to help remedy the problem.

Pa_Dirtfisher

Sep 28, 2014
Mercer County
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Safari. Whites TRX pin pointer and Deteknix pin pointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far I like my Deteknix pin pointer, it seems to work pretty good and doesn't false as much as my Propointer or TRX does. The main drawback on the Deteknix to me is that its made in China... but these days not much isn't made there unfortunately.

AngerManagement

Aug 30, 2014
Brisbane
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far I like my Deteknix pin pointer, it seems to work pretty good and doesn't false as much as my Propointer or TRX does. The main drawback on the Deteknix to me is that its made in China... but these days not much isn't made there unfortunately.

One would be shocked to know just how much is not only made there but also assembled there...

Don't think that your USA branded Car or I-Phone or Garrett or MineLab is not mostly Chinese...

The trick is defining the QUALITY and maintaining it... And that costs....

Then the ripoffs and those wanting super cheep get involved...

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One would be shocked to know just how much is not only made there but also assembled there...

Don't think that your USA branded Car or I-Phone or Garrett or MineLab is not mostly Chinese...

The trick is defining the QUALITY and maintaining it... And that costs....

Then the ripoffs and those wanting super cheep get involved...

That will be the western corporations manufacturing in China for their western customers

"American & International Corporations In China"
The list below is approximately 1% of the actual Corporate list -
American Corporations in China

Jesse James

Mar 14, 2012
Lancaster County, PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like what I see when I watched some Xpointer videos. The price is great. Seems to hold its own against the propointer. What got me was no falsing when you apply pressure to it. That's one thing that bothers me with the propointer, which seems to be getting worse over time.

penzfan

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2014
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I really like what I see when I watched some Xpointer videos. The price is great. Seems to hold its own against the propointer. What got me was no falsing when you apply pressure to it. That's one thing that bothers me with the propointer, which seems to be getting worse over time.
real easy to make waterproof also.

AngerManagement

Aug 30, 2014
Brisbane
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have not seen teh New Models yet...

They are Water proof 3 M or 30M Battery or Rechargable and still way less than teh Garrett or others.

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had three Garrett Pro pointers, all started falsing after about one year. I am done with Garrett Pro Pointers think I will try a TRX.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While the trx is a different animal, you will still want the garret. Trx is not always best choice for certain ground. The is the equivalent of a detector in itself. Also anywhere the garret falses such as wet soil, so will the TRX. I use them both.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

8mygritz

Sep 21, 2015
maryland
Detector(s) used
propointer,350,AT pro(rarely use,prefer 350).
Primary Interest:
Other
i've only had to return mine 4 times in the last 3 1/2 yrs....for various reasons.the 1(#5)that i have now(4 mths.)will go off when i hit something & won't stop(even when i hold it in the air).they are crap.....i wouldn't buy another 1!see my past posts on this subject.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Had to ship mine back today for the second time. Told them over the phone that they could through that one away in their waste basket. Also told them I wanted to upgrade,yeah I bet that well happen.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread