What's new

Garrett SUCKS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
drewan29 said:
OR go to wally world and buy a holder for a razor knife either leather or the woven clothe type cut the end off untill if fits snug.
just my .02
drewan

Yup.

Quick, dirty, and cheap.

I got a Vibraprobe PP, and the holster is cheap. I don't use it.
 
lookindown said:
If you had bought Garrett detectors instead of the overpriced ones you have you could afford the holster.

True, but if I did that I'd never find anything. Toys are for kids, grown-ups use REAL machines :laughing7:
 
dogpound said:
Thats why i use a sunray :headbang:

Now if I could just remember to switch it back to "coil" when I stand up. :D
 
Can't beat the Sun-Ray's people :hello2: Only downside as CharlieP said is...gotta remember to switch the toggle back after using it :laughing7: Methinks I'm gonna pick one up for my CZ soon.

P.S. - To the poster that said to actually try a Garrett product...I did. After my first detector (a White's :headbang:) was stolen a few years back, I picked-up an Ace 250. It worked.....not well though. Slow as sh@*t, couldn't go more than 4 or 5 inches & that bell tone is horrible. Everytime I got a signal, I felt like Lurch from the Adams Family; "You rang?" :laughing7: I sold it about a week later.

Aside from their pinpointers (which are excellent), they are SEVERELY behind the times when it comes to their line of products and technology being used. The new AT Pro isn't half-way bad from all I've seen, but, even that has a lot of bugs and problems with it. They used the first adopters as beta testers :spam4: Pretty screwed up if you ask me. And you already know what I think of their customer service :argue:
 
Any company that will take a 25 year old product long out of warranty and refurbish it to like new condition and turn it around in a week in far better condition than when they received it does NOT have bad Customer Service Period. You seem to have a chip on your shoulder for Garrett which is your prerogative however what you are saying about them does not square with the first hand experiences that I have had with them.

Jerry
 
Jerry-Wi...Chip? Yes, for me. For you? Apparently not. Two people can eat the same dish at the same restaurant and have totally different opinions on it. So, guess we'll just have to agree to disagree then. Making a profit is one thing, price gouging is quite another. But again, just my own personal opinion :thumbsup:
 
or just buy another propointer...that way you have the holster and a backup pinpointer :sign13:
 
I dislike Garrett as well, the ugly color and the bell tone are enough to keep me away.
 
I love the ProPointer but am concerned about losing it too. Then again, I could lose my probe, coin bottle, digger, dirt rag, etc. all of which are in holders on my leather electrician's tool pouch. I just make sure everything is in place before I move on.

The ProPointer was too large in diameter to fit in the screwdriver holder on the pouch so I just threaded the strap from the holster through it and closed the snap. Voila! The ProPointer is at the front of the pouch as it hangs on my left side and it's very hard to not see it. I like the idea of putting brightly colored reflective tape on it too.

I wouldn't be too rough on a manufacturer due to one bad experience. Maybe Garrett has a minimum order amount, like a lot of companies. Personally I would use a little ingenuity and fashion something myself instead of buying a replacement if I think it's overpriced. However, when you spend $500-$1000 on detecting gear, what's another $30?

Oh yeah, although I never used a SunRay probe, I don't like the idea that if I change detector brands the probe will be useless to me. Just my $0.02.
 
Apparently you didnt give the Ace 250 enough time to learn it. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, there are people who are jealous of some Garrett machines like the AT Pro, that can find the same goodies as some machines that cost well into the thousands. I have the Ace 250 and have found lots of coins with it and I have no complaints with it. As for your holster, if you think 30 bucks is too much to pay, dont buy it, and you shouldnt bash Garrett for a mistake that you made.
 
neuseman said:
Apparently you didnt give the Ace 250 enough time to learn it. Ive said it before and Ill say it again, there are people who are jealous of some Garrett machines like the AT Pro, that can find the same goodies as some machines that cost well into the thousands. I have the Ace 250 and have found lots of coins with it and I have no complaints with it. As for your holster, if you think 30 bucks is too much to pay, dont buy it, and you shouldnt bash Garrett for a mistake that you made.
:icon_thumleft:
 
Try sticking it in your back pocket. I used the holster to start with then switched to the right back pocket as I am right handed. I works great as I am using jeans or jean shorts when MDing and the pockets hold it well. I can FEEL the thing in the pocket and know when it isn't there and it is so easy to draw from that location. Much more natural feeling for me as a former firearms instructor. Much like reaching for a sidearm. That's myTwo cents worth (wheat cents that is, LOL). Garrett 1350 user (don't cringe) it works ok for me for the money I could spend at the time. I have thought about using my first SS check to get an Etrack, but bet the wife has many more ideas for it's use, Oh well. HH
 
Picture 010.webp
 
Ill tell you this , Garrett sure sucked up a very rare 1733 spanish gold #1 reale last sunday
 
That's awesome Jeff. I had a similar idea but with velcro. What parts did you use? If I go that route, I'm gonna have to thread the coil cable through my shaft special...since it normally just wraps around the detector. So, no room for a mod like that unless I do the cable thing.
 
njnydigger said:
That's awesome Jeff. I had a similar idea but with velcro. What parts did you use? If I go that route, I'm gonna have to thread the coil cable through my shaft special...since it normally just wraps around the detector. So, no room for a mod like that unless I do the cable thing.

Just my Sunray probe Clips from my sovereign.

No Wires Necessary.

Picture 005.webpPicture 004.webp
 
njnydigger ,

When my pro-pointer needed repair and was under warranty I sent it into Garrett's for repair and I didn't send the holster in with it . They were kind enough to send me a brand new one in the box with holster . If you still want one just re-imburse the cost for postage after you receive it .Mail me your address . I had sent you a message earlier but I guess you didn't get it .
 
dirt doctor said:
njnydigger ,

When my pro-pointer needed repair and was under warranty I sent it into Garrett's for repair and I didn't send the holster in with it . They were kind enough to send me a brand new one in the box with holster . If you still want one just re-imburse the cost for postage after you receive it .Mail me your address . I had sent you a message earlier but I guess you didn't get it .

Very nice offer....:icon_thumright:
 
NOW HEAR THIS I have never had any problem with GARRETT. Starting with my AD7 on up the scale. they have Always been polite ,courtious and honest with me. going out of their way to help. So dont give me that Garrett Sucks CRAP. Bob
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom