What's new

Gas Prices Out of Control

Don't own one and probably never will, but can't help thinking electric car owners must be smiling every time they drive by a gas station with recent price hikes.
Except they won’t be going where I’m going this weekend. No power. No Internet. They probably wouldn’t like driving through Eastern Oregon either. Also they can be schmucky about the fuel prices until they look at the trajectory of electricity prices in California. They will have you by the short hairs if EVERYTHING runs off electricity. What do you do when there is a wildfire, flood, tornado, earthquake, hurricane? Start walking I guess. Also when the battery quits it’s really going to hurt when the price to replace ends up totaling the vehicle.
 
$4.399 Here Yet
000aaa.webp
 
Last edited:
Don't own one and probably never will, but can't help thinking electric car owners must be smiling every time they drive by a gas station with recent price hikes.
Yep. and I wave at them when I drive on to my destination while they are sitting at a charging station twiddling their thumbs.
 
Except they won’t be going where I’m going this weekend. No power. No Internet. They probably wouldn’t like driving through Eastern Oregon either. Also they can be schmucky about the fuel prices until they look at the trajectory of electricity prices in California. They will have you by the short hairs if EVERYTHING runs off electricity. What do you do when there is a wildfire, flood, tornado, earthquake, hurricane? Start walking I guess. Also when the battery quits it’s really going to hurt when the price to replace ends up totaling the vehicle.
Also I know some not as top-end batteries, get drained as much as 40 % faster in the cold weather. Even if it just sits in a cold garage. You may still lose 15 % of the charge due to the cold.
I don't know if this applies to the Teslas ! No idea.
 
Also I know some not as top-end batteries, get drained as much as 40 % faster in the cold weather. Even if it just sits in a cold garage. You may still lose 15 % of the charge due to the cold.
I don't know if this applies to the Teslas ! No idea.
Also, you need to consider the area you live in. Imagine the scene during a mass evacuation event such as a hurricane coming in along the coast, or Florida Keys. How about when the need to use the electric transit buses and school buses for an evacuation? What about the electric school bus stuck in a ditch in a blizzard? NYC plowing streets in a major snowstorm with electric garbage trucks and utility vehicles?

So many reasons to just say no to liberals pushing for everyone/everything to go electric vehicles.
 
Also, you need to consider the area you live in. Imagine the scene during a mass evacuation event such as a hurricane coming in along the coast, or Florida Keys. How about when the need to use the electric transit buses and school buses for an evacuation? What about the electric school bus stuck in a ditch in a blizzard? NYC plowing streets in a major snowstorm with electric garbage trucks and utility vehicles?

So many reasons to just say no to liberals pushing for everyone/everything to go electric vehicles.
The EU i believe had decided to ban all gasoline personal vehicles by 2035 right?
Now with the global wars I don't see it happening
 
Doesn't make sense to convert EVERYTHING to electric. I can see it working out great for a multi car situation and many other applications. There is probably room in about half of USA transportation for electric.
Definitely makes sense in some situations. Absolutely no sense to force them on everyone as they are trying to do.
 
Except they won’t be going where I’m going this weekend. No power. No Internet. They probably wouldn’t like driving through Eastern Oregon either. Also they can be schmucky about the fuel prices until they look at the trajectory of electricity prices in California. They will have you by the short hairs if EVERYTHING runs off electricity. What do you do when there is a wildfire, flood, tornado, earthquake, hurricane? Start walking I guess. Also when the battery quits it’s really going to hurt when the price to replace ends up totaling the vehicle.
I have grown up in Eastern Oregon and still live here. Gas prices have always been higher in this area than in the surrounding areas around us. Don't know why but the suppliers always say it is because they have to truck it in. Also there are not many competing suppliers in eastern Oregon either.
 
I've never seen any forcing, can you show us? And who is they?
I'm not going to dwell on this but look at efforts to ban the sale of gas-powered vehicles and lawn equipment in California. NY banning new and renovated buildings from using gas. Efforts to close existing and block new oil refineries, etc., etc. Using everyone's tax dollars to build charging stations but not gas stations. There are lots of examples if you look.
 
I'm not going to dwell on this but look at efforts to ban the sale of gas-powered vehicles and lawn equipment in California. NY banning new and renovated buildings from using gas. Efforts to close existing and block new oil refineries, etc., etc. Using everyone's tax dollars to build charging stations but not gas stations. There are lots of examples if you look.
There is definitely a Discriminatory Trend like that ! I agree
 
I've never seen any forcing, can you show us? And who is they?
Im London and other European cities you can't Enter with a diesel vehicle into the very downtown Area at All or on Certain days of the week. Certain hours....supposedly because of lowered quality of air for people in the Central section.
 
I'm not going to dwell on this but look at efforts to ban the sale of gas-powered vehicles and lawn equipment in California. NY banning new and renovated buildings from using gas. Efforts to close existing and block new oil refineries, etc., etc. Using everyone's tax dollars to build charging stations but not gas stations. There are lots of examples if you look.
He doesn’t want to look.
 
I've never seen any forcing, can you show us? And who is they?
Washington state passed a law mandating that all new passenger vehicles and light trucks sold be zero emissions (ZEV) by 2035. But... you can still own & drive a gas vehicle all you want, and can even buy a used gas vehicle out-of-state, where "used" means 7500 miles or more. If this law survives court challenge, I expect it to be withdrawn anyway because Washington will not be generating enough electricity by 2035 to handle the demand of a rapid increase in EVs.

I am personally a huge proponent of phasing out fossil fuels and switching to cleaner energy. Besides being better for the environment, we can finally stop dealing with bad actors in the Middle East and let them deal with their own problems. Even though I live in the middle of nowhere I could make an EV work for me. But I also see some of these mandates as being misguided.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom