What's new

GEO CACHE !

Frankn

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 21, 2010
Messages
8,779
Reaction score
2,989
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well It was different!
I went out to search an old castle site called Glen Ellen. The only thing left is the foundations that are about 100yards long. I took my 2 box to look for any deep treasure caches. 2 box units operate differently from regular detectors in that they really reach out in every direction more so than regular detectors. I was walking towards the wall and got a signal 12' away that increased constantly as I approached the wall. This was unusual because a signal is usually constant till it drops off. I tried it at 90* and the signal got louder from 12' to a point where it started to drop off. This implied I was picking up a large metal object near the surface. All I saw was a pile of rocks against the wall. I removed several rocks and there it was, a 50 cal. ammo can. I opened it up expecting to find some hidden loot. To my surprise it contained a log book and a assortment of of items from fishing floats to Chucky Cheese tokens. There was even a CD of the greatest hits of the 80's. There was also a description of the castle and instructions. I filled out the log book notes and replaced it intact. I heard about that game, but never ran into it before.
Anyone else ever ran into it before? Frank
 
The instruction sheet said it was a world wide game. The caches are located with a GPS. Frank
 
I found one, once, hiking in a state park. I left the path and climbed down to some interesting rocks, there was a tupperware bowl stashed in the corner. I did the same, filled out the log, took something, and left something in exchange. It remained there for a couple of years, and I would check on it. Cool idea :icon_thumleft:
 
Check out geocaching.com. Used to look for them before I got addicted to detectors. Lots of fun and a chance to see alot of different areas, and sites.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom