Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's half a cufflink, and probably patriotic type find, and would date back to the Washington era. There are similar ones showing a figure holding an anchor, but I can't quite make out the design on your find.

I have one with a soldier that says "British Volunteer" and have seen a similiar one saying "Irish Volunteer." These are always a cool find.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
button king

button king

Apr 6, 2010
southern Maryland/north east Pa
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
tesoro tejon/ T2
Iron Patch said:
It's half a cufflink, and probably patriotic type find, and would date back to the Washington era. There are similar ones with Britannia holding an anchor, but I can't quite make out the design on your find.

I have one with a soldier that says "British Volunteer" and have seen a similiar one saying "Irish Volunteer." These are always a cool find.

Are these rare to find? or do people find them a lot?

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
button king said:
Iron Patch said:
It's half a cufflink, and probably patriotic type find, and would date back to the Washington era. There are similar ones with Britannia holding an anchor, but I can't quite make out the design on your find.

neither rare nor common, somewhere in the middle

Upvote 0

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
button king said:
Iron Patch said:

Common as far as value because there's no direct historical connection to create it, but to just decide you want to find one... rare as hell! We see them once in a while but by no means does everyone have one, just the opposite, only a very small % would. Other designs turn up quite a bit more with the Tallyho being a 'common' one.

Check this out.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,286424.0.html

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread