George Washington Inagural Button Albert #W1-17A Wreath & Star RRR YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldirocks

Jan 12, 2007
George Washington Inagural Button Albert #W1-17A Wreath & Star RRR YIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Went Detecting with my Son South Jersey Jim and my other Son Ryan today at the Field of Legends. The targets are getting fewer and fewer but there is still alot there to be found. We were finding buttons and I did manage another copper ring and another ring that is very old and not sure if it is silver or not. I ended up with 25 buttons. I decided to hit another spot of the other field we have been detecting and started to find some buttons. Well what happened next just about blew me away. I got a signal and dug down and pulled out a button and all I saw was long live... well I knew what the rest of it was going to say and just started to holler and scream and act like a total idiot really:) I was screaming to my son that I found a George Washington Inagural Button but he was to far away so I called him. I wasn't going to post this tonight because I am tired but Jim called me and told me all about the button and how rare it is and I got a new jump start:) These fields are so laden with great things that we are going to be spoiled for any other field that we detect. We will be saying, "Remember those fields we hit last Winter." I am overwhelmed with the good finds and I hope there is more good stuff to come. God forbid what happens when they plow these fields. Jim was finding a couple of deep Large cents and Ryan found a cut silver 3 cent piece. Who in their right mind would cut a 3 cent piece is beyone me:) Wow Wow Wow is all I can say!!! It has been one heck of a ride. Arty if you are reading this Ryan found your prescription Ray Bans you lost:)

Attachments

• March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 002.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 002.jpg
    1,020.8 KB · Views: 906
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 003.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 003.jpg
    465.6 KB · Views: 1,000
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 004.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 004.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 838
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 006.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 006.jpg
    488.5 KB · Views: 806
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 007.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 007.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 839
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 010.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 010.jpg
    675.3 KB · Views: 783
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 011.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 011.jpg
    453.8 KB · Views: 749
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 009.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 009.jpg
    497 KB · Views: 814
  • March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 008.jpg
    March 15th 2013 Field Finds George Wash inagural Button 008.jpg
    588.3 KB · Views: 830
Upvote 26

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Once, congratulations! :occasion14:

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a coincidence? I was just reading my April issue of Western & Eastern treasures magazine that came today, and there are 2 of the exact same buttons that were dug and made "One of the Best Finds" of 2012. I suspect yours will too if you submit it for 2013. Again, my congrats................Rich

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Man you always have to beat me. 14,000 dollar button?And three known of that variety at the time of Cobbs price list. Man o man. Gonna look good up top. Gonna be hard to top that one for sure! Yes Neil that would be 4 GWs for our group. Craziness...

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rich those buttons were actually mine the smaller 15mm Small Wreaths. She has the 20mm Wreath and Stars. Ultra rare.

dig kzoo

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2013
Kalamazoo co. MI
Detector(s) used
1 Minelab CTX3030, 2 Garrett AT Gold, Garrett ACE 350, 2 Bounty Hunter tracker IV,BH Junior, 2 Garrett pro pointers
a family adventure!!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds! congratulations!

JSHenry

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE! banner How many different sites on that farm?

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One sweet GW there. Congrats!!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats............Hogge

TOMBAC

Nov 24, 2012
new jersey
Detector(s) used
dfx, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great finds, i know artie will be excited for all of you, congrats. too you and your son.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diane, super find without a doubt! Perhaps a few more might have been lost by the same individual, so hope springs eternal for finding another by your group. This has to be right up there with some of your spectacular jewelry finds on the beach and your gold coins.............

Don

Last edited:

NJLargeCent

Feb 8, 2012
Southern NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goldilocks, you rocked it. 4th GW for your group? Unreal. Wishing you more fields of dreams.

OP
OP
G

Goldirocks

Jan 12, 2007
Hi Don, thanks for emailing me about this. I am still on cloud nine. Yes this has to be at the top of the list for my most treasured finds! I love this hobby and love to relic hunt as well as Beach hunt. Everyone says I am lucky, this may be true but I also put in the time and you can't do that going out 2 hours at a time and once in awhile. Yes there is luck involved but that is only part of it. For those that know me they know how many hours I put into this hobby! Can't wait for the summer then the spring when they replow these fields!!!! Thanks for your help and expertise:)

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A rare find for a rare person. Sorry I missed all the excitement. I bet you were talking to yourself out loud after that find. I'm sure that all the small animals in the area are just recovering from the commotion. You rock lady. Congrats on your first G.W. The button gods were kind considering what most of the buttons looked like from the site. Banner all the way.

Southern_Digger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer and Excalibur; Tesoro Tejon; Fisher 1265-X; Garrett Master Hunter; White's Coinmaster; In closet: Bounty Hunter and Relco
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations for a great find! I must admit that I was not surprised reasoning that I have been following your posts regarding the fantastic items you and friends have been digging from this field. I was amazed at the number of flat buttons recovered during each dig. Notwithstanding, I have been telling myself that, due to the large variety of flat buttons being found there, the odds are that someone will eventually unearth a GW button. I share in your excitement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions