What's new

Georgia Gamestone/Discoidal Collection

kinchafoonee

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2013
Messages
314
Reaction score
373
Golden Thread
0
Location
SoWeGa
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Framed grouping
 

Attachments

  • GS C2.webp
    GS C2.webp
    27.2 KB · Views: 162
  • DSC00248.webp
    DSC00248.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 125
  • HPIM0690.webp
    HPIM0690.webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 123
  • DSC05658.webp
    DSC05658.webp
    162.9 KB · Views: 121
Upvote 0
Nice ones and look good as a group.Have you ever found and of the ones made of pottery? I like discoidals or what we call chunky stones. Guess that was the name of the game ?
 
You have the best collection of those of anybody in our area! I need to find a stone one. Lots of pottery ones but no stone so far for me.
 
Nice ones and look good as a group.Have you ever found and of the ones made of pottery? I like discoidals or what we call chunky stones. Guess that was the name of the game ?

Have found several pottery ones.
 
Nice ones and look good as a group.Have you ever found and of the ones made of pottery? I like discoidals or what we call chunky stones. Guess that was the name of the game ?

Here's the pottery ones
 

Attachments

  • DSC05494.webp
    DSC05494.webp
    114 KB · Views: 109
Hey guys. I am new to the forum. I've been collecting since childhood in central MS. To my knowledge, not many of these have been found locally, but I believe I picked one up a couple of days ago, but I am not convinced. Any help appreciated. 20170613_133756.webp20170613_133749.webp20170613_133801.webp1497503195409.webp

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Tapatalk
 
Great looking Discs kinchafoone. Are they all personal finds? I have quite a few I have found myself, though most of mine are not as refined as yours.
 
Both types are really nice and great display too. I have only found a stone one and hoping to find more like it along with some pottery ones.
 
Very nice examples
 
Great looking Discs kinchafoone. Are they all personal finds? I have quite a few I have found myself, though most of mine are not as refined as yours.
I have only found two stone ones. Several pottery
 
Here's a few of my best ones from one site. All personal finds from the Feurt Site, a Ft Ancient Village Site in Scioto county Ohio. These are all Stone except for the second from the left in the top row and the one in the bottom left corner. Those two are Pottery.
 

Attachments

  • DSC_0092.webp
    DSC_0092.webp
    31.2 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC_0094.webp
    DSC_0094.webp
    30.5 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC_0095.webp
    DSC_0095.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC_0096.webp
    DSC_0096.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC_0097.webp
    DSC_0097.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_0100.webp
    DSC_0100.webp
    41.2 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0098.webp
    DSC_0098.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 87
What was the shallow drill spot for on the stone game pieces? Mine has that Ive only found 1 so far that I know for sure is a disc. This one is Green Stone.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11075.webp
    SDC11075.webp
    321.2 KB · Views: 97

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom