German deposit in pot (update everyday;))

krichu

Jan 10, 2007
Poland
Detector(s) used
garret 2500 + Eagle Eye and Tesoro Vaquero

Attachments

• Krótka historia garnka.jpg
    Krótka historia garnka.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 6,619
Upvote 0
Incredible finds!!! The story behind those items would be absolutely amazing if they could talk. Congrats!!!

dig dig dig dig digand dont stop i would dig a hole to depth and widen it as far as you could untill you quit finding stuff then start going down till you find nothing then fill the hole in and tell no one in the local or state government about your treasur unlee you have to by law then keep all the good stuff and turn over the regular stuff

Re: German deposit in pot

krichu said:
nhbenz said:
Great find! Would you think they were buried around the time that the Germans rolled in, in order to be be hidden? More pictures would be great! -Ben
I found in this places three milks cans with clothes and porcelain.Beetween 1945 year lived hier German farmer. They must escape but digging are treasures.
Sorry so my English

Don't worry about your English krichu. It is just fine. We can understand you, which is more than we can say about some other posters here.

Great find and a great story guys.

My own mother lived in East Germany back in the early 1930's. She was only 7 years old at the time when the war broke out, living and working a small farm with her mother, as her own dad had died a few years earlier.

A few years later, after the allied troops had begun to take over the german troops, things got very bad for many of the farming families that existed there. Since most of the men were taken into the army to fight, (in fact near the end of the war most boys past the age of 13 - 14 were inducted to fight for Hitler), all that were left on these small farms were mainly women and young girls.

My mother recounts having to bury all of their possessions in a panic, and flee from the on coming Russian troops. Everything that could be easily carried was buried as deep as possible. They then had to flee on foot as fast as they could, it wasn't long before the Russian troops would pass them. Once that happened there was nowhere else to go but back to the farm to see what remianed of their belongings. Many of the families that fleed never did make it back to their farms as they were cut down by the Russian troops as they stormed across the countryside. For my mother and my Grandmother, they were to spend the next 2 years in a Russian camp cleaning and caring for the Russian troops. By the time they were finally allowed to leave and return to their farm, most of what was buried was ruined by ground water, or was dug up and taken by the Russian troops stationed in that area, as they knew quite well what signs to look for near each farm that would result in buried treasure.

So yeah, I would gather that there is still hundreds, if not thousands of buried caches like the one that you dug, that for some reason or other were never recovered. This type of event was not limited to just Germany or Poland, but to most of Europe. Both amazing and sad.

Cheers, and good luck on the recovery.

Ralph

Kirihu....man oh man u have been on some great spin here

keep the great finds coming

good luck

Rest with metal box

Attachments

• German pot 6.jpg
    German pot 6.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 489
My family also has their roots east of Berlin.

Most of them remained in Posen until the cruel winter of 1945, when those that were able fled to the west in what you call Fluchtlingstreck. A very sad time.

Some of the ones that fled were overrun by the Russian army or strafed by the Russian airplanes and left along the road as corpses. The others that remained had a worse fate. The old men and boys were killed and the women gang raped until they died as a result. Grave stones were torn out and thrown in the rivers and the records burned. My remaining family that fled to the west and survived (about 30%) refused to go back there even to visit. I would, however, like to return to the farm that my family was from.

And even more, I would like to MD the farm, even to find a few ordinary objects from my family there, it would be so precious. Much of what you found are ordinary things with not much value, but a huge value to the family member to who they would mean much.

Krichu, you have touched the souls of the people who buried the items that you found, and and thank you much for bringing them to our board. What a gift you have given us!

Thank you!

this stuff is too cool. amazing this thread has been going for 3 years now. keep the pics updated. i would like to see the hallmarks on the silver and the china. its amazing how well the china cleaned up after 60 plus yrs in the ground. they look like you bought them yesterday from the store. the tragedy of why they were buried in the first place humbles a person but one day we may return to those times so all should learn from the past.!!!!
good luck on the rest of the hunt and it would be a grand gesture to try and return this stuff to the family (ies) that put them there. if you can find them

HH

SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!
Thanks for sharing your story and finds with the rest of us! I have enjoyed seeing the rest of the cleaned photos. You and your friends digging with you were very lucky to be digging history like this.
Johnny 8)

Unfortunately, in most of China smashed

Attachments

• German pot 7.jpg
    German pot 7.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 390
Signature Porcelain

Attachments

• German pot 8.jpg
    German pot 8.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 355
wow you found a great area to hunt I would search every inch of that place. Great pictures and story. What are you planning on doing with your finds?

:'( WOW!
An amazing sight to be viewed how a family would have to barred all of their possesions in the ground,leave it and never be able to return to it again and reclaim it :dontknow:.
That is so so sad but :icon_scratch:, some one has to find it some day :hello2: and that's where you come inn. Congratulations on this find :thumbsup:.

I was so blown away that I forgot to nominate this for a banner.

jug and porcelain plates in a metal bowl

Attachments

• German pot 9.jpg
    German pot 9.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 294

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back