German U-Boat, Pots of Gold, Pirate Chests

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I came to this website to find help in going after many treasures. I have now found that help thru this thread. I have made some great contacts. Thank you treasurenet. The following posts were replies to my posts. I probably put more information than I should have and I am now going to remove my posts. Again if you read the following thread it will not make a lot of sense as I have removed all but a couple of my many and long posts.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
You will probably be so overwhelmed with responses to this post that TN will go on overload .
:icon_scratch: Where is SWR when we need him ?

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is it, that stories like this and some of the great stories from The Philippines, all sound the same, and the poster has under 10 post, or even just 1. I have a big treasure, but my day job prevents me from recovering it, or I am such a good person, I dont want the treasure. Yes Sir, you are right, 100% cow dung.

OP
OP
B

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Is this the way new members are "welcomed" to this site. I am basically being called a liar. Fortunately I have very thick skin and expected these kind of responses. Opinions have been formed without asking me anything. I feel sorry for people who live such negative lives.

motell6

Nov 11, 2010
Now just a minute,bigdogdad,I think you ought to go with the tv production co as they have instant cash to spend,and ya never know it could turn into another Gold Rush type Friday night hit series.
I have posted with this thread a photo of a ww2 Japanese 2 man submarine that washed up on the Hawaian shore sometime after the Japanese Imperial forces attacked Pearl harbor. This is from a 4x5 negative taken taken by a military photgrapher.In about 1971 I saw a similar sunmarine ,painted yellow,in front of a Honolulu car dealership.
Your submarine post prompted me to make this post.

Attachments

• 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,421

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense, but I have to agree, that it does seem quite odd, funny, and suspicious when one comes in here with the first post claiming treasure, yada, yada, yada, but they all seem to NEED investors with money, or flip the bill for something for someone else.

I will tell you this much. I have all the time in the WORLD to search, locate, and DIG with my OWN LABOR. I am a hard worker and I am NOT AFFRAID to do manual labor. So I OFFER this to you:

If you HAVE REAL PERMISSION to SEARCH AND DIG on said property, (ALONG WITH SUBSTANTIAL PROOF OF SAID TREASURE, YADA, YADA ON PROPERTY), I WILL BE MORE WILLING, to DONATE MY TIME AND LABOR to RECOVER whatever, for 50% of finds. I don't have money to just HAND OVER to SOMEONE for kicks and hopeful wishes of what I MIGHT GET in return. No offense but those who do invest without being there to help AND recover is just like PT Barnum said once, "A sucker is born every minute!"

I had OFFERED MY SERVICES to a few who posted the same simular stories as you, and OF COURSE, NOT ONE HAS TAKEN ME UP ON THE OFFER! So this leads me to believe; If it smells like BS, most likely, IT IS BS!!

Not ONE has PROVED ME WRONG!!! If you ARE LEGIT, then you WOULD TAKE UP MY OFFER! JM $0.02!

ky.rebel

Mar 30, 2010
east Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome and best of luck,it does seem a little far fetched,but giving you the benifit of the doubt, I wish you all the luck in the world and hope it pans out for you.Sometimes these stories turn out to be true and the treasure is there,I hope yours is one of them. fred

S

stefen

Perhaps there will be a day when I can say that I know this guy and have discussed his ventures :coffee2:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not doubting you one bit. Anything is possible and with enough research one can find if a treasure is real, hoax, found or not found. I wouldn't mind venturing along if you are looking for help, but I still would like a share for my work for the recovery. One thing for sure, better get something in writting with the land owner before recovering anything, otherwise, you might end up working doing the recovery and be left with a broken soul and empty pockets!

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
Let's do this the easy way. What AIRBORNE unit were you with and WHEN? When were you in Korea and with what unit? I am part of several forums that represent every ABN unit from 1950 to active duty today. Many of whom also served in Korea. This shouldn't take long.

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What I just dont understand, is "how much money does it take to dig a hole"? You cant rent a backhoe for a few days? Also I didnt know that dowsers were such good people. You had a dozen dowsers telling you that there was treasure buried there, and not one of them went after it himself. Why did the construction company bail out, must have been something fishy going on, or they just didnt need the work? Why is it hard to dig near a 4 lane road? Unless you put up a sign, "we are digging treasure" no one would care less, what you are digging. A century old non-native tree? Do you mean the pirates carried a sappling with then to mark where they buried treasure?

At least you are thinking of the TV show already, maybe a movie too? Most of us dont think that far ahead, so you are one up now.

Seems like im just about the only doubter here, so you should be able to get financing easily for this project. Cant wait to see the TV show!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, digging near a 2 lane or 4 lane road, nobody could care less. The only thing that would come to ones mind is, "Oh they must be digging for water or sewer, or who knows" I don't really think anyone would be paying attention unless you had a film crew or news agency all over with big video cameras everywhere.

Renting a backhoe is not that expensive, heck depending on how deep you want to go, you wouldn't need a big one, or even a small excavator, of which, FYI, I am EXPERIENCED in operating heavy equipment and there isn't anything I can't operate! Heck, I am not even affraid to use a shovel, I am 49, still military part time and in darn good health and shape!

Now back to reality for a minute.

This is a SERIOUS THOUGHT;

How DO YOU KNOW, the STATE or COUNTY, is NOT going to STEAL the treasures that you find and recover? It happens to many people who found it legally an just by accident and some of them who help steal them are the archies, because they want it under their roof and claim antiquities law. Now if you have covered YOUR ground on paperwork, research yada, yada, yada, one thing YOU WILL NEED ON YOUR SIDE, providing YOU TRUST ONE prior to and after you recover said treasure, is an attorney to make sure NONE of YOUR treasures and findings, get stolen from you, landowner and partners by the grabberment!

By video taping or doing a show, can open you up for a lot of problems, and maybe not so many problems. Yes, getting TVO time and a show is good pocket money and it gives a new program to watch for the viewers interested in treasure hunting.

Recovering small things isn't that big of a deal, but in my opinion, you start recovering said treasure chests full of gold, silver, jewels, etc, you and the people involved may get it taken from you. Also, if you do recover said treasure and the word gets out, you will be open to being robbed or worse by other thieves wanting the treasure. So security is also needed. I have extensive miltiary background. PM me and I will explain more.

I feel it is a good idea that you want to use the treasure to help certain things, like schools, education, needy, etc. I watched a show a long time ago about a man who met a WW2 vet and was told of rough diamonds that was taken off a German officer that was killed in a battle in France and the diamonds were buried in France in a trench and a couple of the guys who had the diamonds on them during the battle ended up getting killed one by one and the one man who had taken them from a soldier who legs were getting cut up by the diamonds in his pockets didn't want them because he felt they were cursed took them out of his pocket and buried it in a trench.

The man a few years ago around 2002 I think, went back found the location and recovered the diamonds and sold them and the money went to a good cause and he didn't keep none of the diamonds or money from the sale for they were cursed for anyone using them for profit. It was a pretty darn good show. The man used all his own funds to travel to France, located the diamonds, etc.

So, if you STILL need physical help, and or security, Let me know!

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You posted your response, just as the time I was posting mine. One thing if you are concerned about people having some sort of attention drawn to the activity of digging. Some places will put up plywood walls, (for safety reasons), where no one can watch, get up close and possibly get hurt by falling in, or something falling on them.

This can be of consideration. You don't have to use plywood, you can always use vinyl or plastic tarps. Also on the subject of the sides caving in you would need steel plates that many companies use to drive in the ground to prevent cave ins. I even seens some companies use thick plywood and place them in the ground and brace it such where it will not cave in as well.

There are many options to improvise on what uses can be done to be cost effective you just haev to think outside the box!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the indain res - money near alligator alley -- (confederate gold- from ft brooks near tampa --taken into the swamp and buried to prevent capture by union forces -- the confederates who buried it --finally days later on after coming out of the swamp were captured and put into prison for the remainder of the war * --they returned after the war and searched for a long ,long time but were unable to re find the exact burial spot -- when they finally gave up the hunt --they told the local person who they had stayed with about it in hopes that "some day' someone would finally find the stash *

problems with said stash -- problem / issue #1 -- the returning ex confederate soldiers might have found it and "dummied up ' that they didn't to throw us govt agents off their trail (thus it might not be there at all)--- note legal problem / issue #2 since the south surrendered to the US govt -- (all "CSA money / funds" --offically "belongs" to the US Govt )---legal problem / issue #3 ITS ON "INDIAN TRIBAL LANDS --WHICH BY LAW "BELONGS" TO THE INDAIN TRIBE AS PER TREATY WITH THE US GOVT --

so if it is still there * (#1) and you can find it --you'ld have to tresspass upon indain tribal grounds (#3) to get at it -- and both the american govt (#2) and the indains (#3) can both lay legal claim to it -- the govt for it being "confederate assets" thus forfeited to the us govt by the souths surrender (#2) and the indains being it would have to be "stolen" off their lands by a tresspasser to be recovered (#3) -- thus even if you were find it , its highly doubtful you would ever get to keep any of it at all --so whats the point of hunting it down in the first place? :dontknow: :icon_scratch: :help:

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
yeah ivan,you stay at home with the coffee pot and let these other guys have fun. i doubt if it will be found if it is there so why not let'em have their day of fun??????????????????????????????

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10claw said:
yeah ivan,you stay at home with the coffee pot and let these other guys have fun. i doubt if it will be found if it is there so why not let'em have their day of fun??????????????????????????????

Having "fun" searching for treasure is one thing. Asking for people to give you money to go searching for treasure is called a "scam".

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
treasure hunting if funded by other folks money *--has to be legally done , in such a way that you can actually "keep the treasure' once found to be able to fiscally "reward" your investors for investing with you --to ask investors to help fund a totally hopeless "treasure hunting" project -that has "0" chance of you ever getting to legally keep the treasure once found * as in the case i spelled out above is indeed --a scam to the investors that expect a possibly get "return" on their investment.

one must look at the honest chances of both finding AND getting to legally keep the treasure once found -- to find treasure is one thing to be able to "keep it" is another --I only look for treasures that i can both "find and keep" . :read2: :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
I do not doubt you --about the confederate gold --its there --I just doubt that between US Govt ownership of all things belonging to the confederate govt via the souths surrender to the north --as well the the fact its on indain tribal lands --that you would get to keep one cent of it --because one or the other or both will lay legal claim of ownership to it after you have done all the work and effort --freezing you "out" in the end -- all the pain and work and spending with no glory or pay off in the end. -- not my ideal of "fun or adventure"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread