Ghost town hunt>>>Barber Half

schoser

Aug 15, 2009
Southeast Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Well the weather cooperated for us finally down here and so off we headed to places unknown to search for that stuff that we dream of finding. Found a ghost town up the road a few miles and decided to stretch the legs and swing the machines...looked like a good spot for a suprise or two. Only took my roomate Mike about ten minutes to dig this baby only 2 inches down. Never knew silver could corrode like this one was but it's cleaned and lookin pretty as it can. Cheers!

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1,325
  • scan0002.jpg
    scan0002.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 1,285
  • scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 1,287
Upvote 0
That one is on my wish list going on 13 years and still eludes my coil. This year hopefully :coffee2:

Give Mike my congratulations. That one is still on my wish list.

I don't know what would corrode that thing like that.

We are lucky around here, for the most part our silver looks like the day it was dropped.

That one is still a bute to me.

Good luck to both of you.

Sweet big silver, how did he clean it

Goes4ever said:
Sweet big silver, how did he clean it
Thanks...he let it soak in white vinegar overnight, then lightly scrubbed it with a toothbrush for a few minutes, then let it soak again overnight, then toothbrushed it again.

Wish lists going on 3 years now... Nice find :icon_thumright:

Have found many Barber dimes and even several Barber quarters, but the Barber half has eluded me. Extremely high on my wish list for 2011 finds. Congrats on a beautiful find.

I know how thrilled one gets finding one of those. Although mine was well worn and
appeared to be in a fire, it was great to dig up from a city park in ND. and is a 1907o.
Right now I'm in Quartzsite AZ. Congrats on your barber half.

Attachments

• 2010 004.JPG
    2010 004.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 866

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back