Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some pictures of Warren...
images
images
images
[/QUOTE
Oh N0- "Not Andes Take Out"!!
Drove thru Warren in 2010 and stopped for some fried clams and a great seafood basket.
Hoped to return again.
Ray

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may try getting some old Topo maps that will list ruins. The ruins are long gone, but its a fun hunt. The new topos are omitting the ruins. I wander the old trails in the mountains and desert here looking for trinkets.

KXMember

Dec 19, 2014
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
OKM
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In New Mexico there are (were) a lot of small settlements where for years I could go w/o any problems. Lately some have been fenced off. Could be the State warned of liability problems or took it on themselves to build the fences. Even individual houses have been fenced.
The squatter laws are different from state to state. Some states are surprising how ez it is to squat and just what qualifies a legal squat. North of here they have come close to small wars over squatting.
We have a former ghost called Madrid (Maa'drid). Old coal town that was occupied by hippies among others. Now you can visit art shops and boutiques. To me it was much more interesting as a ghost. Future ghosts will probably be east in the dying farm towns.
One negative aspect of visitors to ghosts is they have this compulsion to take something. Even ripping up floor boards.

I'm very familiar with Madrid. In the 70's the town was up for sale at $250k...years ago a corporation was formed and they purchased the town between 800k-2mil from the State illegally. The landowner associations have been selling pieces of Madrid to Santa Fe, also illegal. The real locals are pissed. These artfarts are moving in from Cali and NY with their noses high, taking away everything that made Madrid...Walt Disney got the idea for Disneyland while in Madrid. First place on the planet to have Christmas lights and electricity. Tesla and Edison had their big fight there. Lots of awesome history. View attachment 1182155

brogansown

May 11, 2015
Eastern Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab 4500 and Fisher Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Other
This thread started in 2013 so maybe what I will add is old news. But anyway for those who like traveling to old ghost towns you might look into the ghosttowns.com forum that seems to have quite a following.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This thread started in 2013 so maybe what I will add is old news. But anyway for those who like traveling to old ghost towns you might look into the ghosttowns.com forum that seems to have quite a following.

That is a great site!

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread