WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I offered up the sauna stove for sale this morning, one thing I don't want. The bench will make a great roosting place. I'll probably have Ave a couple of laying boxes attached to the back wall for the late layers.
View attachment 1921833
View attachment 1921834
One thing about it, there no ranky odors.

So was this a DIY sauna? Well, makes no matter now. Now itā€™s a mobile chicken coop. I am curious. After all the work done on the barn, why did you get a mobile coop?

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
GEEZ WIZZ!!!!!! WD!!!!!!!! That's one fine looking She-Shed- Congratulations on getting it all in place.
Now imagine that the Mr has earned a few brownie points for this one-or was it a payment for past dues.....:laughing7:

So, do you think I should let him off the hook for forgetting my birthday a couple years ago?

giphy.gif

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well first off I didn't know there was a picture place. A BIG THANKS To You Sir Fat for helping me. I still don't know where the deer is! Not all of these rattle. But aren't the lacy, blossom ones pretty? My 93 year old rockhound buddy had me take one into a gold/silver/ rock shop and the guy offered me $30.00 for one. I hadn't even thought about selling it. He didn't look me in the eye when he made the offer. The rock went back into my purse. We had a blast hunting them. There's not too many of the lacy blossom ones. The old codger is back safely in Kansas, and I get my bed back. Aahh!

Oh here it is! Sorry, shepherdess, I lost your post. Those are pretty cool looking rocks. I learned something new.
About the gif, pic, and more thread: A couple of ARCā€™s threads were locked due to, shall we say, pic overload. I was hornswaggled into creating this thread so that the picture posting pirates had a place to post. We consider it a fire ship. We can post pics on here and then post the link on the RCT and it wonā€™t cause the RCT to get locked. Plus it allows the mutineers to goof off with gifs and memes. If this thread gets overloaded with pics and gifs and then gets locked, so be it. We will create a new one. Thatā€™s why itā€™s a fire ship. It will burn before the main ship.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
IMG_0670.jpg
Step is a stone from the 150 +/- year old barn we had torn down when we got the property.

IMG_0671.jpg
Used the leftover stone from the house to surround the leveling blocks.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So was this a DIY sauna? Well, makes no matter now. Now itā€™s a mobile chicken coop. I am curious. After all the work done on the barn, why did you get a mobile coop?

So it's being renamed to the "Chicken Chariot" it seems. We want to move the hens around for tick prevention, and this way I can load them up, move them to a location, put up a solar electric net fence, and let them have fun.
Ever try to be the lead and having chickens follow-works for a few yards then they just go about doing what they want to do, peck, scratch and have fun.
The Mrs has had her eye on your workings-"I want a she-shed"....BTW-thanks....grumble/grumble.....

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
What are the rocks by the stove for? Absorbing heat?

Pouring water on iron or metal can crack it.
Oh yes the stone like masonry will store heat. Nice after the fire is out but not needed in a sauna after use.

It was interesting in Canada that most places I used to visit had a sauna.
While diet and individual matters , blackflies clouded us visitors while residents ignored them fir the most part.
We asked a guy one time (oh boy could he build , a gorgeous main lodge and he was building cabins all mostly log near it when I paid him several
dollars to pitch a tent and use his boat launch,showers and..sauna for a week) why the black flies were not attacking him.
He explained the sauna and shower use order and bug dope after.

Pretty much a matter of reducing skin exhaust fumes. We still exhale exhaust. But the type and amount ,(imagine hair scent ect.) matters.
Thus the sauna.

Woodsmoke helps ,or at least affects smell residues. A housewife didn't like coal smoke rolling through the house (no one did) but a whiff of wood smoke was not too bad.
If not to the point of coloring walls of course.
I had a habit of cracking the stove door after a fire was burning well. Not smoky , but a good whiff. L.o.l..
Heck , there were times I's sit in front of it with the door open.

Never built a sauna.
A guy I worked with (a runaway at age 13 and still a character) covered his stove in fieldstone and cement to retain heat while he was away.
When I was home shopping some years later a tired old farmhouse was in my budget.
Great rural setting , rough project type house view from the outside. Not having a realtor or anyone to let us in we wandered around the property..
I looked over the barn/garage built of salvaged mostly short boards....Hey wait a minute , that guy I worked with told me he built one out of scrap.
Found his last name crudely painted on the mailbox .. So I peeked in the livingroom window and there was so much stone cemented into an igloo shape , it's a wonder the floor held it.(!)

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
0AD9F877-CA6D-42F1-9BEA-EB4D25538CE5.jpeg . D7B21B49-329B-4118-AA01-EF34DF5CD0FA.png the green new deal

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
So it's being renamed to the "Chicken Chariot" it seems. We want to move the hens around for tick prevention, and this way I can load them up, move them to a location, put up a solar electric net fence, and let them have fun.
Ever try to be the lead and having chickens follow-works for a few yards then they just go about doing what they want to do, peck, scratch and have fun.
The Mrs has had her eye on your workings-"I want a she-shed"....BTW-thanks....grumble/grumble.....

Ha ha. You just made the mr laugh. People here have inquired, since they know he has a wood shop, if he could build them one. He says with the price of wood and the overhead at the shop they couldnā€™t afford it. Well, sorry Pepperj for spreading the she-shed bug. But then again, not sorry. LOL

I didnā€™t think about tick control. Great idea.

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Pouring water on iron or metal can crack it.
Oh yes the stone like masonry will store heat. Nice after the fire is out but not needed in a sauna after use.

It was interesting in Canada that most places I used to visit had a sauna.
While diet and individual matters , blackflies clouded us visitors while residents ignored them fir the most part.
We asked a guy one time (oh boy could he build , a gorgeous main lodge and he was building cabins all mostly log near it when I paid him several
dollars to pitch a tent and use his boat launch,showers and..sauna for a week) why the black flies were not attacking him.
He explained the sauna and shower use order and bug dope after.

Pretty much a matter of reducing skin exhaust fumes. We still exhale exhaust. But the type and amount ,(imagine hair scent ect.) matters.
Thus the sauna.

Woodsmoke helps ,or at least affects smell residues. A housewife didn't like coal smoke rolling through the house (no one did) but a whiff of wood smoke was not too bad.
If not to the point of coloring walls of course.
I had a habit of cracking the stove door after a fire was burning well. Not smoky , but a good whiff. L.o.l..
Heck , there were times I's sit in front of it with the door open.

Never built a sauna.
A guy I worked with (a runaway at age 13 and still a character) covered his stove in fieldstone and cement to retain heat while he was away.
When I was home shopping some years later a tired old farmhouse was in my budget.
Great rural setting , rough project type house view from the outside. Not having a realtor or anyone to let us in we wandered around the property..
I looked over the barn/garage built of salvaged mostly short boards....Hey wait a minute , that guy I worked with told me he built one out of scrap.
Found his last name crudely painted on the mailbox .. So I peeked in the livingroom window and there was so much stone cemented into an igloo shape , it's a wonder the floor held it.(!)

Love the wood smoke smell/ hate the mess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread