WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The She-shed is set and mostly leveled. They broke a block, so there is a spot in the middle on the backside that needs attention. Rain today and tomorrow, so we wait.

shed setting1.JPG

I was glad reinforcements arrived to set and level.

shed setting2.JPG

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The shepherdess sent me the pics. She had bad trouble posting pics. She found, they are interesting.

Where did she go, anyway? I have been researching. I am not 100% sure, but I guess rattle rocks are slang for chalcedony geodes? The way you know you have a geode is by the rattle?

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
D8A283BA-C4FC-4AE5-8AAE-8C5BD0DF9601.jpeg

I didn’t crop pic. because I wanted the drag marks in the ground to show up.
Your shed looks great.

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well first off I didn't know there was a picture place. A BIG THANKS To You Sir Fat for helping me. I still don't know where the deer is! Not all of these rattle. But aren't the lacy, blossom ones pretty? My 93 year old rockhound buddy had me take one into a gold/silver/ rock shop and the guy offered me $30.00 for one. I hadn't even thought about selling it. He didn't look me in the eye when he made the offer. The rock went back into my purse. We had a blast hunting them. There's not too many of the lacy blossom ones. The old codger is back safely in Kansas, and I get my bed back. Aahh!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I offered up the sauna stove for sale this morning, one thing I don't want. The bench will make a great roosting place. I'll probably have Ave a couple of laying boxes attached to the back wall for the late layers.
20210428_103339.jpg
20210428_103333.jpg
One thing about it, there no ranky odors.

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I offered up the sauna stove for sale this morning, one thing I don't want. The bench will make a great roosting place. I'll probably have Ave a couple of laying boxes attached to the back wall for the late layers.

One thing about it, there no ranky odors.
What are the rocks by the stove for? Absorbing heat?

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
One rock per bird, that’s how they keep them warm all winter....
That looks like perfect coop. Do you ever see ermine? Or weasel predators?
Shepherdess....that is a frame pic of tree, not deer, now that I take better looksee

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

The stove heats the rocks, then you pour water onto the rocks, steams the place up, sauna time.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GEEZ WIZZ!!!!!! WD!!!!!!!! That's one fine looking She-Shed- Congratulations on getting it all in place.
Now imagine that the Mr has earned a few brownie points for this one-or was it a payment for past dues.....:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One rock per bird, that’s how they keep them warm all winter....
That looks like perfect coop. Do you ever see ermine? Or weasel predators?
Shepherdess....that is a frame pic of tree, not deer, now that I take better looksee

Well we have the sky-Eagles, Turkey Vultures, Hawks, Osprey ( Most not are not a concern)
The land Coyotes, Foxes, Racoons, Weasels, Fishers, Mink, Black Rat snakes
I have one Coyote that is stalking the place, leaving it's signing on the lower trail and on the ridge above the house/barn. I keep the radio on CBC during the day loud enough that I am thinking the talking keeps them thinking.
I have the double dutch doors in the front of the barn well secured at night, and the through door I installed is hasped on the outside and a slide bolt on the inside. The front window are closed at night and the open back ones have heavy steel mess over the whole opening.
Neighbours have lost their flock to predators and it makes me weary. The Fox got two roosters last year and that was enough.
George the big white rooster went to a new home the other day-I kind of miss hime after a year of watching him grow up. But the woman that took him fell for him last fall-took so many pictures of him and built a mansion coop for him. She's waiting for the hens to arrive now.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
RC,

If you don't mind me asking how much did those lamps set you back?

I just looked again , that poor stove with the heat drum on it looks like Charlie Brown on Halloween...

Gave the guy a hundred. He told me 50.
We cross trails on another forum and will likely hunt or fish together. I'm not going to want him regretting the price.
Normally with a stranger , unless a destitute senior or something , I'll low ball and still have a conscience..

Anyways , the stainless wood handled reflector on the 200A /red lantern is what I was really after. Not sure what they go for in Canada.
And Japan has some collectors that would do hand springs for one.

The 200A's have gained traction in collectability. For me it's starting with one a half century ago. That first one was well used when I got my hot little hands on it when my age was at or near single digits.
MANY hours ice fishing with it for warmth.
Deer hunting tent camps.
Canada fishing.
Florida camping.
Power outages.

Heck , my first house had...No stove,fridge,bed,ect. for a while. 3-4 months maybe till a stove was delivered ,on Thanksgiving day!
Had my camping gear though. Got me through till things shook out better.
Same old lantern was in on all of it. An old friend I won't part ways with willingly.
And my first Coleman camp stove fed that homes residents , and still works today. (No It's not the only means of cooking here. , I have a "real" stove in the kitchen. l.o.l..)

Makes for a good hobby for me today. Small enough to wrestle kind of items.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Dads lanterns after some work .parts, and lots of elbow grease.
The green one is an old acquaintance starting in...68? Though it is plenty older than that. Oh man! No pic of it!!! What the...
Oh well.
Dads 200A is a "tallhat". The vent is taller than later models are.

IMG_0172.JPG

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
And some others that have probably been posted. Yes there are others scattered about.
(Pardon the dust. I collect that too...)

There is a hard to see in the pic reflector on the one green one. It is a common 220. It's brother is the "big hat" 228 on the dusty dresser shot. (Grandpas dresser.) The upper vent diameter is the major difference. Same parts on the rest. But cost a few bucks more back then , so not as many , among the many.The big hat is older , so in fairness there are different parts that the 220 show. Both had multiple models through the years. But those two could quite likely share all thier parts still. Nope. I don't want to try it. A good mid late winter activity when the walls are closing in , maybe.
IMG_0173.JPG

IMG_0171.JPG

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread