pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On hind sight, mayhaps mr WD should’ve built my shed on a trailer. It was a big challenge for him to get it out of his he shed. Now he’s not sure if his plan will work. It may be sitting in the driveway for a while. LOL

Not too late to put it on a trailer frame with a hitch.......:laughing7:

I'm thinking this dog house has heat....:headbang:

Thatguy

Jul 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On hind sight, mayhaps mr WD should’ve built my shed on a trailer. It was a big challenge for him to get it out of his he shed. Now he’s not sure if his plan will work. It may be sitting in the driveway for a while. LOL

Use a Burke Bar to lift one side. Slide some 2” PVC pipes under it. Give it another pull, keep feeding the PVC pipes under it again as you move along. It will roll right along no problem.

IMG_8670.jpg

Keep about 2’ space between each pipe

Keep the pipes running straight so they don’t collide as they roll along the ground.

I was able to move my very old and fully loaded wood shed this way. My wife and I pulled it along with a come-along. Wrapped a sling around the shed at the floor height to pull from.

You can use steel pipe too if you got it. That would work better. PVC is cheeper though which is why we ended up using it.

Depending on your terrane you may need to lay down plywood as you roll along. If you do that you could even go down to a smaller pipe, 1/2” could possibly work on that surface. Just make sure you overlap the plywood so a pipe doesn’t get stuck between the sheets as you move them along.

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Use a Burke Bar to lift one side. Slide some 2” PVC pipes under it. Give it another pull, keep feeding the PVC pipes under it again as you move along. It will roll right along no problem.

View attachment 1921460

Keep about 2’ space between each pipe

Keep the pipes running straight so they don’t collide as they roll along the ground.

I was able to move my very old and fully loaded wood shed this way. My wife and I pulled it along with a come-along. Wrapped a sling around the shed at the floor height to pull from.

You can use steel pipe too if you got it. That would work better. PVC is cheeper though which is why we ended up using it.

Depending on your terrane you may need to lay down plywood as you roll along. If you do that you could even go down to a smaller pipe, 1/2” could possibly work on that surface. Just make sure you overlap the plywood so a pipe doesn’t get stuck between the sheets as you move them along.

Well he and I got it moved and surprisingly, not very much damage to the yard at all. It was already built on skids, like wooden skis. I walked along with the hose and watered the path. I am watching them level it right now.

Thatguy

Jul 13, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well he and I got it moved and surprisingly, not very much damage to the yard at all. It was already built on skids, like wooden skis. I walked along with the hose and watered the path. I am watching them level it right now.

I thought that only worked on sand [emoji848] weren’t you moving it on grass?

Glad you got it into position!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other

A friend called me for moral support before moving a shed.
Interest was in rollers , and what to pull it with.( Pretty sure he had already tried tugging it with his truck.)
I inquired about if it was on skids or just joists. Then looked closer.

I suggested after looking it over that he should cut the posts it was standing in the ground with....

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought that only worked on sand [emoji848] weren’t you moving it on grass?

Glad you got it into position!

Started out on concrete, from the barn to the driveway. He was using a couple tow straps and pulling with the tractor. The shed kept jerking and lunging. He didn't like that. So, he went to the shop and got some corners and steel brackets to use as guides. He took off the tow straps and put a chain around it and that stabilized it. Then, yes, I sprayed hte water on the driveway and then the grass. Worked great. A lot less damage than we expected. There's only a couple places where it gouged the grass and I replaced the clods and watered asap. There is a gouge in the driveway where it must have picked up a rock from the barn. That is probably the worst damage.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow those are great fat !!

OP
OP
W

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
A friend called me for moral support before moving a shed.
Interest was in rollers , and what to pull it with.( Pretty sure he had already tried tugging it with his truck.)
I inquired about if it was on skids or just joists. Then looked closer.

I suggested after looking it over that he should cut the posts it was standing in the ground with....

LOL! Reminds me of a fishing story. I've probably already told it, but I will say it again. About 25-30 years ago, we went to St Mary's. Mr had a Deep V that was easy to trailer and put in. He was using a ramp in the private camper's only property. I am not the one that bends or breaks the rules, so I was a nervous ninny. He was like, "It's fine. All we got to do is act like we know what we are doing." So he proceeds to tell me the steps he's going to take: back the boat down, unhook the lights and the boat from the trailer. All I had to do was pull on the rope when he gets the boat in the water and then hold on to it while he parks. So my part comes up and I am tugging on the rope and the boat is not budging. He starts yelling at me and cussing, I am nervous not wanting to draw attention, and tug harder, nothing. He's really cussing now and I am starting to cuss and yell back. No scene here. I give it my all. My feet come flying up in the air and I take a good hard landing on my rear end. He sees me and gets out to see if I am ok, but still cussing at me. He then notices he forgot to unhook the boat from the trailer. Then he's busting up laughing. To this day, I am still mad.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
The shepherdess sent me the pics. She had bad trouble posting pics. She found, they are interesting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions