Glad to find The Barracks..

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vietnam Vet here...Army 67-68...I have been on treasure net for a few mo. and I just found out about the Barracks today..I am glad I did...Don't have much to say about Vietnam, took me 35 years of not talking about it and a few years of talking with VA doctors and have come to a point know where I can deal with it, still don't talk about it but I can deal with it....and I find that metal detecting helps me a lot with the zoning out stuff and with the physical fitness side...Its a nice hobby for me...

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back from an Iraqi vet that was treated well when I got home unlike most of the Vietnam guys.. What a raw deal you all received..
Thank you for your service and welcome home. :thumbsup:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome home, my friend. Marine Corps. Hué and Phu Bai, '67 '68. Big party, fireworks, dancing in the streets.... like it was yesterday. Part of me is still there. Talk about it. Don't let it bang around up there in your head! Let it out. It's ok. Terry

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I have no vested interest, but do want to let every vet with problems from VN know that a thing called EFT has worked wonders for vets, even those with serious PTSD problems. And, some certified practitioners will give some free sessions to vets.

EFT is based on the same principles as accupuncture, but uses tapping with your fingers. Google is your friend. EFT was made known by a man called Gary Craig.

In the 90's they were allowed to work with vets in a psych hospital, and sent men home after twenty years in the hospital, within a week.

My personal exposure is limited. I used it for dental phobia when I needed serious dental surgery. I used it for car sickness once when traveling to Mexico City by bus and forgot my dramamine. Not only did I make the trip okay but have had no more car sickness since then. Also, once I really got fried by the sun but with EFT did not lose my skin as I normally would.

Also, I gave the manual in Spanish to a local dentist, a sweet woman who showed visible signs of stress for her work requirements in a free government hospital. Next time I saw her, she was relaxed and tranquil. She admitted it worked for her. Dentists have a high suicide rate due to that same stress.

Many vets who have been helped by EFT say that they still remember the events which left them in a bad mental state. But, now it's more like watching a movie than repeating the same horrid experience.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm okay. But thanks for the EFT tip. I'll have to look that up.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I will also look into eft. I am NOT ok, and I have been struggling with PTSD for many years. It got worse when I went disabled with the back problems. Too much time to think about it and I no longer work at night, compounding the problems. TTC

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
emofree.com

Also, Dawson Church is one of the top gurus.

Do not buy anything from these guys. Well, that is your business. I just want you to know I am not pushing anyone's business.

There is a couple hundred dollar training package for working with vets, but I do not recommend anyone do this. Vets have suffered enough. As long as there are those with experience let them do it.

And, those with a problem can do whatever they wish since it is their own life.

Do not be hesitant to look up those certified practitioners who have agreed to give free treatments to vets with PTSD.

I just wrote on another thread that my service was 1964 to 1966, strictly semi-hazardous duty in the States, and for a long time I felt like such a loser doing nothing, while so many did so much overseas. Anything I can do to help a combat vet get help, even though I am not capable of doing it myself, I will do. Writing a posting on it is trivia.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
EFT for things like fear of water or spiders or car sickness is fairly simple and easy.

But, some of the vets have so much pain they can't even force themselves to think about what happened, even as the pain controls their lives. So, it takes special techniques to make it possible.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Sorry to keep beating the horse on this. But, EFT does not erase the memories. Those who have been "cured" say when they think about it it's like watching a movie of what happened with absolutely no pain to the scenes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread