What's new

Glad to see treasurenet has arrowhead forum!

Darby

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2013
Messages
812
Reaction score
885
Golden Thread
1
Location
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
just joined treasurenet for metal detecting info and was excited to see it included arrowheads. although I just started metal detecting I've been an avid Arrowhead hunter here in South Carolina for years. here's some pics of some of my finds:
1. my early points
2. Santee lancelots
3. gorget with "beaver tooth" wear mark.
Im enjoying seeing other relic hunters finds!

ForumRunner_20130406_194052.webp



ForumRunner_20130406_194134.webp



ForumRunner_20130406_194156.webp
 
Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum! Those are some very nice finds. The drilled piece is the gravy!
 
Looks like you've got some impressive pieces in your collection! Welcome to T-Net
 
Last edited:
Welcome to Tnet, that certainly is a fine looking collection:icon_cheers:
 
Thanks! Here is some more pics

ForumRunner_20130406_204323.webp



ForumRunner_20130406_204344.webp



ForumRunner_20130406_204404.webp
 
Dang....you have some awesome finds. What is the purpose for the beaver tooth groove on the gorget?
 
Thanks. Supposedly, they would take a beavers tooth attached to stick and use it as a tool. They would use the gorget to sharpen it.
 
Nice collection!!! Welcome aboard!!!!

I've never heard of gorgets used as sharpening stones before.
 
I actually found two other broken ones, one that also has the sharpening groove.
 
I believe it is tally marks instead of the tooth theory. I might be wrong but I have never heard of the tooth theory. Still you have some very nice finds and anyone would be happy with any of those. Welcome to the site! rock
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom