What's new

Going through a dry spell

Indianaman79

Tenderfoot
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
so far this month i've gone though 6 boxes of halves and 1 box of quarters. the first 2 boxes were good, lots of good finds. The last 5 boxes (including the quarters) have yeilded NOTHING (except for one 50 pence piece). i feel like i am getting the same coins over and over again. My dump bank is different (location and company) than my buy bank. I just seems like they are taking the halves from one bank and just driving them 30 min to the next bank. I've been getting really discouraged lately, any one else?
 
Upvote 0
I haven't pulled a piece of silver from a box of halves since the end of May. I do pull silver on occasion from customer-rolls. ffd
 
Discouragement abounds on this forum daily.

I would say if you searched 5 boxes and didnt find anything, you havent searched enough. 5 skunks is hardly anything. When you hit 30 boxes or so, then you can be discouraged.
 
We have all gone through dry spells. Keep it up and something is bound to turn up.
Good Luck.
 
ok thanks for the info. I wasn't sure how frequently people find keepers, i am new to this whole thing and I thought people found silver in every box.
 
People most definately do NOT find silver in every box. I think people post their silver finds more often than their skunks. Personally I have only searched 3 half boxes, and two of them were skunks. The third was the box I did last night which yielded a 54 Franklin and a 40%er. It is possible that your dump and supply banks use the same armoured car service, and that could account for searching your own dumps. Many different banks in my area use the same service, and I had to search around for one that used a difference service. The new service was where my 3rd box came from.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom