What's new

Going to St. Augustine..any tips?

GatorBoy

Gold Member
Joined
May 28, 2012
Messages
14,812
Reaction score
6,156
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering if anyone had any first hand knowlage of the area beyond what I normally do with research and satellite images.
 
Upvote 0
All I know is old area. I know you can charter a good fishing boat out of there. :thumbsup:
 
Your right on both... 1565 and some great fishing. Its the oldest continuously occupied European settlement in the continental United States. It also has history going back to paleo..and is a hot spot for fossil shark teeth and other fossils.
I'm really hoping someone might tell me something like..."I found pottery chards on such and such shoreline" or metal detected some musket balls here... I'm actually staying real close to a fort site with a fresh water spring... I suppose that should be all I need to know.
 
I used to stay in Jacksonville a lot. You can go a little further and try the St. Johns river? I used to bike (bicycle) from Jacksonville down towards St Augustine. Lot of neat shoreline but right off the beach is thick. I saw a couple washes and creeks that might have been good. I was just into the biking at the time.
 
Thanks..I will be roaming quite a bit I'm sure... what did you mean by thick?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom