What's new

going to st martin & st thomas any body have any tips there willing to share thanks

mham2

Full Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
163
Reaction score
137
Golden Thread
0
Location
massillon,ohio/bradenton florida
Detector(s) used
minelab/excalibur 11, minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
going to st martin & st thomas any body have any tips there willing to share thanks

any tips appreciated thanks Mike
 
Upvote 0
Hi Mike; I have hunted in St Maartin...at orient beach...not the best for detecting. Usually big waves and rough. maybe on a different side of the island. I think some of ST thomas is off limits. Talk to Les. I know he has hunted st Maartin too.
 
Some action near Orient beach but you will take a pounding from the waves. I felt like a piece of meat that came off the butcher tenderizing block. May not be like that all the time but in the 6 times I've been there it WAS ROUGH.
 
Good luck on St. Martn. Not to be downer but I agree with the others about Orient Beach on the French side. Came out of Orient Beach with disabled Excalibur 1000 after only an hour so. Another part of the island also took out my Fisher CZ21 too. Needless to say a very disappointing visit for me. My trip was in late April of this year. It would be great for you report back to us with better success. Have thoughts about a couple other places on the island on the dutch side if you want to pm me.
 
Went to St thom. last year...Great beach is Sapphire...It is great for snorkeling too...
 
Best advice I can give is to wear mirrored sunglasses so the women won't see your eyes staring at them.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom