Gold (Spanish: Oro) is a 2017 Spanish historical drama film directed by Agustín Díaz Yanes. The film is based on a short story by Arturo Pérez-Reverte and depicts a 16th-century Spanish expedition during the colonization of the Americas aiming at locating El Dorado. It is loosely inspired on expeditions by conquistadors Hernán Cortés, Lope de Aguirre and Núñez de Balboa.
Kenny Wells, a prospector desperate for a lucky break, teams up with a similarly eager geologist and sets off on a journey to find gold in the uncharted jungle of Indonesia.
dunno several places have the movie with a 2017 year, but IMDB says 2016
Right! This was an excellent movie and he is a great actor. I had a chance meeting with him once and you would have never guessed he is a movie star. He was very kind and took a moment of his time to chat to me. I'll never forget the feeling when I realized I let him get away without getting a signature or a selfie with him. 😱As usual, a movie with Matthew McConaughey is gonna be good, and this was no exception.
Long film, but definitely recommend