What's new

Gold and Silver on our Anniversary

TexasDigger1

Sr. Member
Joined
May 31, 2008
Messages
355
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Texas
Detector(s) used
Teknetic G2, Excal 2 1000, Garrett Sea Hunter II
Mary and I celebrated our 42nd wedding anniversary today. She works for the school district and since school will start Monday they have been having inservice all this week so she's had to go to work. We met up and noon and had a nice lunch. She then went back to work and I headed for the beach to go see if there were any low spots, lo and behold, I found one about 40 yards long that was holding water since it was low tide. Fired up my Excal and started getting hits right away. Targets were very plentiful, ended up with $4.33 with $.75 of that been silver. Found a 1942 walking half and a 1962 washington quarter. Also found a 1966 10K class ring and also a silver ring. The rest was clad and not pictured are the usual pulltabs, pieces of copper wire and those brass rings from cast nets. Also found a gold plated wrist bracelet, a corroded watch that is not running, a small lighter also corroded and a toy car, all these were in this 40 yards by 12' area, there were more targets but I had to leave. While going home it occured to me that I found both gold and silver on our anniversary, I graduated from high school in 1966, what a coincidence that the class ring I found is also 1966, I'll try and find the owner. Hope ths pics come out. HH John
 

Attachments

  • beach.jpg.webp
    beach.jpg.webp
    22.1 KB · Views: 457
  • beach1.jpg.webp
    beach1.jpg.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 460
  • beach2.jpg.webp
    beach2.jpg.webp
    18.9 KB · Views: 446
  • beach3.jpg.webp
    beach3.jpg.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 454
  • beach4.jpg.webp
    beach4.jpg.webp
    23.1 KB · Views: 451
  • beach5.jpg.webp
    beach5.jpg.webp
    12.7 KB · Views: 457
  • beach6.jpg.webp
    beach6.jpg.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 458
Upvote 0
:icon_thumleft: wtg an happy anniversary to you both :occasion16:
 
Great finds, hopefully you can find the owner of the graduation ring.

:wink: RR

happyanniversary.gif​
 

Attachments

  • happyanniversary.gif
    happyanniversary.gif
    99 KB · Views: 445
Happy Anniversary and Congration on finding gold and silver on your special day. Hope you are able to find the owner of the class ring. Good luck an get back and hit that area again.......Matt
 
TD - Happy Anniversary and congrats on the finds.
 
Nice stuff and happy Anniversary. Niffler
 
Happy anniversary!

Looks like you may have found an old spot on that beach. go back and hit it hard
 
Congrats on your anniversary and nice finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom