Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congratulations :thumbsup: I would love to have a day like that. Been close but no gold coin. :coffee2:
Notice I posted I would love to have a day like that.
Just over 3 months later I did have a day like that.
I found 2 , 1914-S Saint-Gaudens Twenty Dollar Gold coins.
This is not the first time I have wished for something and got it. unnamed (1)gold , gold 4.jpg unnamed (1)Gold coins.jpg

DetecTom

Nov 18, 2019
Long Island,NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600|Whites IDX Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, I would love to find stuff like that! That’s a great haul!

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K.......I have a life long friend that owns a ranch in Calif.that has a lot of Spanish history on it.It was kind of out of my normal type of site of hunting and It is about four hours from my home but I have been researching the area for some time,I finally got down there to do some hunting.As we were on our way to one of our suspect spots we were swing away when my cousin stops and digs a signal and yells something which I couldnt hear,but I could see that he was holding up a large silver coin!I ran over o him and seen that it was a Seated Half dollar!!!I have wanted to dig one for sometime!It was an 1858 "S", mint and it unbelievable condition!!I was ooggling it as he stands up and swings his detector once and says "look at this,I bet its another one!!"He was right!1862 Seated half!!!I am wanting to break his detector now!I couldnt beleive it.So I stand up and start swinging and get a ZINC PENNY reading,I am thinking if I dig a penny right here I am going to scream!So I turned the plug over and out rolls a GOLD COIN!!!(just as seen in the picture)I did scream!I also made quite a spectacle of myself.It is a 1863 $10 "S",mint.....only 10,000 minted!!!So after numerous high fives and yea hoos!(good thing we were out in the middle of no where)The next signal my cousin digs was a 1855 Seated Dime.Then I get a booming half dollar - dollar signal.....I am thinking here it is,my half!I was right!!1861 "S' mint.It isnt in as perfect condition as my cousins but hey I dont care!!All of this happened in about 10-15 minutes in about 10 foot square!!Unbelievable and by far the most incredible feeling I have ever experienced in detecting!It is now locked up in a safe deposit box and I miss her!!!

The exact era to go with the stash of miners tools that made banner recently!

Nice find for sure!

Shoot! Way to revive an old thread.

Perhaps Kuger is posting under a different name?

He/she was very helpful in identifying California gold rush era relics.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he left tnet.

i still chat with him via messenger occasionally.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was wondering how I missed this...