What's new

GOLD AND SILVER!!!

Thanks again!!!All your comments are awesome and appreciated!!!I had never thought of keeping the impressions,thats a good idea but I cant display all my treasures now!!I have found spanish reales but no spanish gold yet,we do live in a history rich state although it isnt as old as the stuff back east!
 
It's stories like this that remind me why I took up this hobby.......


:wav: OUTSTANDING FINDS :wav:
 
Kuger, I thought this coin and story deserved to be back at the top one more time, Way to go :thumbsup:
 
Kuger,
I must admit I'm really not a "coin hunter" as all of my hunting is for CW relics but those sure would have gotten me excited!!!!
Awesome BUNCH on coins, great job with the pictures of the hunt, a day you will NEVER forget!!!
 
tcooper1 said:
Kuger, I thought this coin and story deserved to be back at the top one more time, Way to go :thumbsup:
Thanks I appreciate that!!!
dcooper1 said:
Kuger,
I must admit I'm really not a "coin hunter" as all of my hunting is for CW relics but those sure would have gotten me excited!!!!
Awesome BUNCH on coins, great job with the pictures of the hunt, a day you will NEVER forget!!!
I am not a coin hunter either per se',relics is my thing but I take coins too!! :wink:
 
Super Congrats!! Time for me to wake up now! :notworthy:

HH,
Moon
 
Thanks,I was just looking back at this post today!!
 
kuger said:
Thanks again all of you!I have made the banner before but never in 30 minutes!!!Thats awesome in itself!We thought it might have been a cache too but there is nothing around?It has never been plowed of bull dozed.It is actually a saddle between two little valleys,it might have been an ambush point or dropped galloping away from a posse??Dont know?
Why were you detecting there?
 
I wasnt until my cousin got a signal and dug the first Seated Half..........he is always swinging his coil,it has paid off before and did big time this time!!!
 
Banner what did the gold appraise for $27k? Great find did you go over that site in all metal mode bet there is more metal to be found someone might have died in that spot you will probably find belt buckle among other things.
 
LOOKS LIKE THAT HARD PACKED CLAY KEPT THOSE COINS NICELY PRESERVED HOW DEEP WAS THE GOLD ONE?
 
Carson_wreckmaster said:
LOOKS LIKE THAT HARD PACKED CLAY KEPT THOSE COINS NICELY PRESERVED HOW DEEP WAS THE GOLD ONE?
cdltpx said:
Banner what did the gold appraise for $27k? Great find did you go over that site in all metal mode bet there is more metal to be found someone might have died in that spot you will probably find belt buckle among other things.
It appraised well.We hammered the site,no buckles,buckles are what I hunt for,none to be found there though.We thought and still do that something bad did happen there but didnt find anything else to prove that. The soil was kind to them,and they were all fairly shallow 6 inches max.Thanks!!!
 
kuger said:
Carson_wreckmaster said:
LOOKS LIKE THAT HARD PACKED CLAY KEPT THOSE COINS NICELY PRESERVED HOW DEEP WAS THE GOLD ONE?
cdltpx said:
Banner what did the gold appraise for $27k? Great find did you go over that site in all metal mode bet there is more metal to be found someone might have died in that spot you will probably find belt buckle among other things.
It appraised well.We hammered the site,no buckles,buckles are what I hunt for,none to be found there though.We thought and still do that something bad did happen there but didnt find anything else to prove that. The soil was kind to them,and they were all fairly shallow 6 inches max.Thanks!!!

My first father & law always said only a fool tells all he knows thanks for the reply.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom