Ga. dirt fisher

Greenie
Jan 6, 2012
Saint Simons Island, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been MDing for only three weeks now, and so far been doing ok in the parks finding coins and of course trash. That being said I have a lot to still learn about this great hobby. Today my co-worker and hunting partner, who is also new to this, hit the beautiful beach on Saint Simons Island, Ga., and the weather was great, temperature in the low 70's and sun shining. To make a long story short, while Rickie was finding a beautiful man's gold ring with what looks like three small diamonds in it, I found only trash :(. Maybe I should stay more focused on hunting and less sight seeing. Hope to get a picture of the ring tomorrow when we get to work so I can post it.

Update: Finally got a picture of Rickie's first gold find

Attachments

• DSCN0332[1].JPG
    DSCN0332[1].JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 1,097
Upvote 0
Its a numbers game. Keep swinging and digging the trash. You will get your gold soon enough.

You are on the right track. For me it's mostly about the surroundings I am hunting in. What ever else comes along is just a bonus. Keep at it, and you'll be sure to find something great.

You have been detecting three weeks already, and havent found a gold ring? Man, you should give it up, most of us have found at least 10 gold rings in the first three weeks, and of course dozens of cobs, and hundreds of dollars in clad, (which we uaually throw away, for the newbies)

Seriously, maybe you should quite, since you dont seem to have much patience for this kind of hobby. If there isnt anything under your coil, then you wont find anything, and even if its there, you still may not find it. Some people go for years without finding gold, and even if you never find it, there are many other things to find.

PS. dont dump your trash until you get home, and go through it a couple times, there might be some interesting things in there.

I Personally Recommend Wearing An Athletic Cup While Detecting Especially If You Bring Your Wife , Girlfriend And Or to Be Politically Correct Siginifacent Other With You!!! :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: It may Add time that You can detect Other Than Being In the Hospital!!!! Chug :argue: :argue: :argue:

NOTE TO MODERATORS!!!! BRING BACK THE SPELL CHECK FEATURE !!! NOW Thank you Chug

Forget the pics of the gold ring, let's see the sunbathers. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:

Will have to make sure and take camera with me to the beach next time :), there are for sure a lot of treasures on the beach to take pictures of, :wink: both in the sand and on the sand ;D

it will come hang in there if your buddy found one thats proof you in a spot to find them . keep diggin! josey

Ahh yes, Saint Simon's Island. I remember detecting there well indeed. Here I am about 5 years ago on that very island.

Attachments

• SSI2.jpg
    SSI2.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 767
  • SSI1.jpg
    SSI1.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 759
look at all this trash one can expect to find - Usually I find this amount of stuff between each piece of GOLD! At least it did not take 3 years for you to hit the beach, I refused to search for Gold because I would not dig pull tabs..... that has changed since my first gold on 12/31/2010.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b201/pdk1974/2011GOLD-2.jpg

best of luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back