Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Treasure finder. Gold Cube, Chisel, Hammer, Eye Loop.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So there i was thinking about making a vibrator/ fluid bed for gold separation .. looking at patents and searching out boards and we had one that no one took any further! astonishing but guy's! Build it if you think it may work!..lol Anyhoo.. there i was http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/261441-do-gold-flakes-settle-bottom-bucket.html when it hit me why not both?

So... here it is and pictures!

IMG_20130524_185552_509.jpg IMG_20130524_185558_394.jpg IMG_20130524_185643_966.jpg IMG_20130524_185652_373.jpg IMG_20130524_185704_441.jpg

cheap and inexpensive:
1. rotary palm sander (12$) harbor freight
2. 5 gallon bucket 2.98 home depot
3. milk crate Smiths back loading dock ..Free!
4. Velcro (soft side tape) i might have used to much its hard to get off the sander!
5. left over foam siding from Foam pads (harbor freight 8$ for a set of 4)
6. left over plug from vehicle maintenance (i don't even remember what vehicle)

im running tests to see what time amounts i need and to see how much i can run thru till the bottom is full! stay tuned! hehe lets see if it works.

layo

May 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tried this before and just don't get enough fluidization.

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ohh i got plenty of fluidization.. heavy cons went strait to the bottom.. but i found that i had to start with water, then add in cons, and stir a little with my hand when completely full, seems to work very well when about 1/2 full with a regular drop out of the excess (while not running using the plug at the bottom... But I'm still playing with it.

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
Dusted

How about making a small manifold, drill holes and attach a small pump, that would fluidize,sp, your bucket

dredgeman

Feb 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ultrasonic systems have been built to completion both dry and wet. Mostly used in other industries.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dusted: Been working on this concept for a while now, and have a working proto-type ready
for trials. The design I've built is more for production, but it also is superb for concentrating down
the cons at the end of the day.

Heading off to see if I can get to a new area way up in the high country, and will post
some pics of the unit later tonight or tomorrow.

OP
OP
Dustedyou

Dustedyou

Dec 27, 2012
Albuquerque
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
sweet^Dizzy.. and Oak ya I thought about adding Bottom "Jets" to the bucket but got stuck on the easy pull off the machine (IE being able to swap out bucket after bucket..Im still floating the Ideas in my head.. but unfortunately bought a new car for my wife this weekend... lol and will have to get on the gold to cover the added costs of putting 20% down...lol

ill probably have time this weekend i hope ! lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread