What's new

Gold Cufflink?

dirt diva

Full Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2008
Messages
249
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
CZ 7 pro quick silver CZ 70 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this over the weekend.It resembles the cufflinks I have
seen on T-Net,but not sure.I just soaked it in hot water to remove the mud,but have not cleaned it yet.Has no back markings.It has no wear off like gilt items.Found it in the same area as the other two buttons,so guessing same time period?Any info :help:
 
Great find! :icon_thumright:

Looks like an 18th or very early 19th century sleeve link, all right. Octagonal links reportedly were especially popular from the early 18th century until around 1760.

The other buttons date quite a bit later. I believe that the South Carolina palmetto button is a c. 1830's-50's variety.
 
Upvote 0
If it looks gold it probably is.

What is left to clean?
 
Upvote 0
dirt diva, wonderful finds (and great id PBK on both!) You must post this on today's finds so I can vote banner!
 
Upvote 0
Thanks for quick id PBK :notworthy:
 
Upvote 0
Good God, what a find!! :hello2:
 
Upvote 0
That cufflink is sweeter than sweet! :headbang:

If you could, take a few pictures of it out in the natural sunlight.
 
Upvote 0
KylePA said:
That cufflink is sweeter than sweet! :headbang:

If you could, take a few pictures of it out in the natural sunlight.

Took these outside today.My camera is not very good,or maybe its
just the operator :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom