What's new

Gold Flour

-Gold Duster Dave

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2011
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
S.W. Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
In prospecting a certain stream in Indiana, I have encountered a good amount of Gold Flour by panning. Yet when I use my dredge only am able to trap small amounts here and there. Is there any effective means of trapping more of this?
 
Flour gold floats! To get it in a dredge you must use a mesh type riffles and run the water flow slower and be very Lucky. Frank
 
Yeah, that is what I am running into here. Am thinking of trying of experimenting with a kind of skimmer. Will post updates if I have any success! -Gold Duster, Dave.
 
Frankn said:
Flour gold floats! To get it in a dredge you must use a mesh type riffles and run the water flow slower and be very Lucky. Frank

Gold floats from oil on the surface....it doesnt just float down the stream.I have great flour recovery with my 4 inch dredge..........no luck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom