What's new

Gold found in new location Georgia

gold2218mine

Greenie
Joined
May 10, 2025
Messages
14
Reaction score
73
Golden Thread
0
A couple months ago I was trying out a new prospecting location in Georgia and found good gold for that area of the state. It was found in paulding county.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0299.webp
    IMG_0299.webp
    2.3 MB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0276.webp
    IMG_0276.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_0280.webp
    IMG_0280.webp
    6.4 MB · Views: 187
Upvote 7
A couple months ago I was trying out a new prospecting location in Georgia and found good gold for that area of the state. It was found in paulding county.
Nice!

Trace it upstream if you can. You might find bigger nuggets.

I just posted this map in another thread.
It might be useful to you
1747059025818.webp
 
A couple months ago I was trying out a new prospecting location in Georgia and found good gold for that area of the state. It was found in paulding county.
Good job with what you have found. I'm guessing you found most or all of the values in the stream in the photo. My idea is also check the ridgeline that is running into the stream of the photo. Perhaps you may be able to spot some color in that rock with your eyes or lose in the cracks of the ridgeline?????

The stream is going to give you the most likely colors. With that being said perhaps if some color is spotted in the rock of the stream maybe you can track that rock down?
 
A couple months ago I was trying out a new prospecting location in Georgia and found good gold for that area of the state. It was found in paulding county.
I've found some gold in Paulding Co, on Pumkinvine Creek; Bartow and Cherokee Counties have alot more places.
 
I've found some gold in Paulding Co, on Pumkinvine Creek; Bartow and Cherokee Counties have alot more places.
I agree that those counties have a lot more places, but there is one spot in particular that has amazing gold and it is in Paulding County. It is called Burnt Hickory Park and I found 0.3 grams of gold in one pan there. If you wanted to we could meet up there and do some panning sometime. I could show you where I found it.
 
Years back I was down that way with my 4 inch dredge . I also found gold in that area and I also was Eastern Alabama at Gold Camp and also found fine gold there ! It was a great trip !
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom