gold from water

jimmygoat

Dec 1, 2009
Northern Cal.
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D-5 inch dredge
Hi everyone, I was wondering if there iis anybody out there who has tried Gold Mine Worlds methods for getting gold from water? My brother in law had a 10 filter setup with a 1000 gpm pump. I never saw any gold though. I know certain rivers, creeks etc. have gold coming down at certain times of the year as our Co. tests the water near our mine. Any testimonials out there? Jimmygoat

Upvote 0

paratrooper

Sep 20, 2004
Kingman AZ
It is my understanding that gold is found more in salt water than fresh . Don't know for a fact . I have been told that the energy and time exerted/spent is not matched by the gold recovered . Maybe now with gold at historic highs someone might want to look into it . I know a couple of guys here in AZ that are looking hard into leaching gold from common desert sand . Cost of leach + time spent divided by gold found is the big equation . Oh , it's not a one step process (the sulfides need to be processed) although the filter for sea water MIGHT be .I would "think" that any solids gleaned from sea water would have to be processed as cons .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread