What's new

Gold in the jungle with MM!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2004
Messages
1,972
Reaction score
11
Golden Thread
0
Location
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Well. It wasn't really a jungle, but the woods near this school sure sounded like one. Anyway. I felt lucky to find the place, and really glad to see MM roaming around. He was just telling me about the rings he found when...BOOM!, I look in the hole I'm digging, at another gold ring.

I really owe MM now! He could have kept that spot a secret, but he invited me to come check it out. Thanks again, MM! ;) The gold ring is deceptively heavy for its size and has a very worn mark of either 14k or 18k.
Jungle.webp
The other ring is copper, and rang up as a quarter.

Cheers!


Ridley
 
Upvote 0
I'd give a few bucks to hunt with you guys... always great pics and posts... and always sounds like fun!

Another awesome pile-o-finds Ridley! :)
 
Congrats on the gold...

When I first started detecting in North Carolina I never saw another with a detector, but talked to another who found two gold coins on Camp LeJeune a few years earlier!! Again, congrats on the gold!!
 
That's a great huntin buddy that will share sites with ya! ;) Wonder what the deal is with soooo many rings there? How big is this area? You two are making some fantastic finds! Congrats!

Nana :)
 
No problem Ridley. I appreciate the company. I told my wife that you are like a jewelry magnet, and you proved it again last night. Nice ring my Man!!! I know we will find much more out there.
Congrats,
MM
 
great ring there..... ;D ;D ; ya gotta love it..... ;D ;D
 
Nice finds, Ridley. Hope MM and you find more great finds there. Nice of MM to invite you. I've never seen anyone in our town swingin a detector, and there's only one club that I've heard about. Will have to go to a meeting to see if I can meet others in town. You would think in a metro area (Omaha, NE) of 1/2 million that someone else would be detecting.

HH and hope you find more rings.

Neal
 
Well at least MM got his cut first. :) It would have been rude of him not to leave you any. ;)

That is a nice ring. Congratulations.

Bob
 
Mirage said:
Well at least MM got his cut first. :) It would have been rude of him not to leave you any. ;)

That is a nice ring. Congratulations.

Bob

Actually, the ring Ridley found was MY wedding band. I was tired of wearing it, so I threw it out in front of him. Shhhhhhh, don't tell him. ;D
-MM-
 
ModernMiner said:
Mirage said:
Well at least MM got his cut first. :) It would have been rude of him not to leave you any. ;)

That is a nice ring. Congratulations.

Bob

Actually, the ring Ridley found was MY wedding band. I was tired of wearing it, so I threw it out in front of him. Shhhhhhh, don't tell him. ;D
-MM-

lol good find anyway! ;)
 
Ok Ridley what was vdi reading 20's??? Did it read as a pulltab? Were you in best data? How deep was it?
 
Ridley said:
I really owe MM now! He could have kept that spot a secret, but he invited me to come check it out. Thanks again, MM! ;) The gold ring is deceptively heavy for its size and has a very worn mark of either 14k or 18k.

The other ring is copper, and rang up as a quarter.

Cheers!


Ridley


Nice finds, Ridley, Just don't let MM take you antique buying.

Mike
 
Well, all right Ridley, awesome gold ring, congrats to you and MM too, sweet!!!

Smiles!
BDoo
 
cant wait to find my first ring ! congrats to you ;)
 
Nice Job Ridley......Does MM get the other ring ;) Congrat's on the gold!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom