TITAN 3000 XD ,DFX, Minelab X-Terra 705 L Rods

Gobpile

Mar 19, 2010
Underground
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Garrett GTI2000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a great site.They do a lot to protect and document remote mining camps. I spend a lot of time in and around the mines on there site.Thanks for posting the link! You can follow them on Facebook also.

uthunter

Sep 7, 2010
Cache County, Utah
Utah has the "Mine Reclamation and Recovery Act", a law that allows the Dept. of Natural Resources to hire third parties to close (blow shut) any old mines (for safety reasons). They have been doing this to a lot of the old mines in the last decade, they say too many people are falling into the old mines and getting hurt. They are slowly removing the information about these old mines from their database as well. You can still find the information about many old mines through the usgs.gov website, you can search by mine name or a global search by county. The state Dept of Natural Resources or the USGS have sent out teams to document the conditions of the old mine as well as do GPS coordinates, several times since the 1070's. You can still get the GPS Coordinates for many of the old mines if you do a bit of digging or researching on the nr.utah.gov or the usgs.gov websites.

Utah Dept of Natural Resources, nr.utah.gov, does not respond too well for a public records request for the old mines; coordinates, location, or claim info. The GPS coordinates that were done twenty years ago may not be the most accurate for a mine, but it will get you close.

If you need the link(s) for researching the old mines, send me a pm with what info you want to find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread