southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The tables are all noisy, but effective 🌵🤠🌵
The noise wasn't the only problem it was the old barn door hardware. It was made to carry the weight hanging on it not riding lol. Way too much friction nothing attached permanent just a test.

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it’s clear this is a project you’re interested in and willing to rebuild several times. I like that type of work as well. Not everyone has the experience, knowledge, and skill to pull it off. I’m sure you do. I still think you and your boys could justify a commercial table that would surely provide better recovery while lasting longer.

I’m not saying your site is playing out, but even if it did, the knowledge has been gained to recover ore elsewhere and the equipment will be productive for a long time.

It’s kind of like folks eyeballing ore successfully for a year and someone is telling them they should get a metal detector. Hoarding gold while not taking advantage of success. Invest in yourselves ;)
My table is just a test before I invest my money Feeding my micro sluice with a spoon is not the way to go lol. But a lot of gold has been recovered with it. My son and his friends have a number of claims which I will gladly run the cons for my fair share. My method is still riding the quad pick up float crush and wash some days good some lousy. I like running the metal detector finds from my son always some treasure. He's down the hill right now trying for the find of a lifetime before this new storm hits. We haven't been able to work our placer sites no water yet.

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The easiest way is to buy a Chinese table and work the bugs out which I keep looking at. For a thousand dollars they would run all the buckets I could fill in a day. One good day might pay for one but they might only last for a day? Storm on the way I am moving all my parts back into the barn. But not much room with all my other projects. So far, my Chinese Jaw crusher has held up and works great and pays for itself. The American made chain mill works a lot better with the small sized feed from the jaw crusher. https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/gold-shaking-table-for-sale.html

Last edited:

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The easiest way is to buy a Chinese table and work the bugs out which I keep looking at. For a thousand dollars they would run all the buckets I could fill in a day. One good day might pay for one but they might only last for a day? Storm on the way I am moving all my parts back into the barn. But not much room with all my other projects. So far, my Chinese Jaw crusher has held up and works great and pays for itself. The American made chain mill works a lot better with the small sized feed from the jaw crusher. https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/gold-shaking-table-for-sale.html
My dad bought a USA made one years back and set it up in his shop so he could capture gold on rainy days. We don’t use it much because it’s mostly placer that needs recovered and not much flour. An old friend has a jaw that feeds a roller crusher that trickles onto a shaker table. Real neat set up. All under nice 3 sided shelter. His problem is also lack of water. Some years the spring runs and others not so much.

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My test tabletop with one coat of black super paint? pieces of bristles off the cheap brush needs another coat. I tested it with quartz sand and water and like water off a duck's back. Waiting on casters from amazon `and I need to work on the drive. Windy making sure the generator will start just in case. Hey, it starting to look like a cheap import. Happy mining

Attachments

• 20240128_090906.jpg
    20240128_090906.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22

Mountaineer2020

Jul 5, 2020
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab gs3000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So far, my Chinese Jaw crusher has held up and works great and pays for itself.
So I've been waiting to see how the jaw crusher held up and it sounds like it's been a good buy! How much did it cost and was it an alibaba purchase? Do you have the exact link? I was looking at alibaba shaker tables too. I called them and they wanted $1,400 for the one advertised at $400. Must have been delivery costs I'm guessing? Any rate went with a used RP4 and absolutely love the thing. Catches that fly poop gold in the pic. Probably could have saved the bucks with a Chinese model but I wasn't sure of quality. Anxiously watching your thread to see how it pans out!

Attachments

• 20240111_183052.jpg
    20240111_183052.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been waiting to see how the jaw crusher held up and it sounds like it's been a good buy! How much did it cost and was it an alibaba purchase? Do you have the exact link? I was looking at alibaba shaker tables too. I called them and they wanted $1,400 for the one advertised at $400. Must have been delivery costs I'm guessing? Any rate went with a used RP4 and absolutely love the thing. Catches that fly poop gold in the pic. Probably could have saved the bucks with a Chinese model but I wasn't sure of quality. Anxiously watching your thread to see how it pans out!
Works great to get the material down to 1/4"- you can adjust for finer grind, but I finish with a chain mill. I purchased off Amazon $925 + shipping Not sure about the import tables I'm building my own as a test lol.https://www.amazon.com/TECHTONGDA-Crusher-Machine-Electric-Shatter/dp/B09TQPRY7B/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=1OC2GCDVCT6KA&keywords=jaw+crusher+machine+for+rock&qid=1706994787&sprefix=jaw+crusher%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Last edited:
OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son Seth and his friends have a new claim close to home and easy access it has placer and hard rock deposits. We tried this one out last season, and all found a little gold should be plenty of cons for me to play with Happy Mining. I didn't go today I'm welding and fabricating on my table rain on the way and high winds. I'm going to try and drag everything inside the barn so I can keep working on this project.

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I welded some flat stock on to strengthen the tube stock in four places . Drilled added all thread and nuts now I can adjust tilt and end elevation. The casters can go on the wood platform or bottom of table with guides wood or metal. I'll cut the all-thread to length once I figure out how long they need to be. The wood platform was part of a drafting table the shaker table slides like it's on ice now. Still thinking about the drive and stroke I'll play with that in the morning. I will take apart and paint the whole thing if it works it will be outside.

Attachments

• 20240203_135337.jpg
    20240203_135337.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 20240203_140244.jpg
    20240203_140244.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • 20240203_140536.jpg
    20240203_140536.jpg
    739.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 20240203_142115.jpg
    20240203_142115.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14

desertgolddigger

Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Twentynine Palms, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I welded some flat stock on to strengthen the tube stock in four places . Drilled added all thread and nuts now I can adjust tilt and end elevation. The casters can go on the wood platform or bottom of table with guides wood or metal. I'll cut the all-thread to length once I figure out how long they need to be. The wood platform was part of a drafting table the shaker table slides like it's on ice now. Still thinking about the drive and stroke I'll play with that in the morning. I will take apart and paint the whole thing if it works it will be outside.
My goodness, you're fast. If those casters are a problem, try V rails and wheels. My observatory roof sits on those, and they allow me to move that heavy roof with just one hand.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My sons Nox find from the new claim yesterday its wrapped with gold under the dark layer. This one going to soak in chemicals for a couple of days real heavy for a small rock.
That looks like pretty hard quartz. Looking forward to seeing what is revealed.

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wild weather lately but I have a barn / shop to work in. I've been working on the drive mechanism for the shaker table Waiting on some bearings for my horizontal electric hack saw that went south. I need to cut some steel pieces to finish the support table and changed the drive pulley to get the stroke shortened from 9" inches down to 2"inches. A piece of scrap wood for a test and it worked the actual arm will be metal Happy mining.

Attachments

• 20240207_114024.jpg
    20240207_114024.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • 20240207_113952.mp4
    14.6 MB
OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful sunny day I was inspired to work on the shaker table it was jumping around. I added some springs and eye bolts that took care of the jumping nice and smooth now. But still too fast I'll play with pulley size and it needs guide rails just some wood strips fastened to the bottom of the table will work with the rollers. Also the weight of the table going Backen forth the whole thing wants to go for a walk on the concrete floor. I fixed my jet electric hacksaw with some Amazon bearings It's never been this quiet cheap fix under ten bucks delivered. Jet parts dealers wanted $38 plus shipping. Linear rails would work better than rollers and smoother I think? it would anchor the table down also. Happy Mining. What I saved on bearings will almost buy a set of linear rails.

Attachments

• 20240207_151640.jpg
    20240207_151640.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20240209_133628.jpg
    20240209_133628.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • 20240209_133700.jpg
    20240209_133700.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More rain on the way I remounted the motor and drive on my experimental shaker table yesterday. I built a new drive arm out of an old telescope mount. I think this will work with less vibration and it has adjustable stroke better than an old stick. My linear rails showed up they were left leaning against my keep out sign at the end of the drive. Nice job UPS at least they could read, and it wasn't raining and yes, I was home at the time. The Vevor linear rails look well made I think I'll say goodby to the casters and try and mount these up. The rails are 39.4 inches long and 20mm in diameter the rail carriage blocks look beefy enough to handle my table and move real nice. For $68 bucks delivered I'll take a chance.

Attachments

• 20240216_154530.jpg
    20240216_154530.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240216_160025.jpg
    20240216_160025.jpg
    962.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240216_154419.jpg
    20240216_154419.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 20240216_162407.jpg
    20240216_162407.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10

desertgolddigger

Bronze Member
May 31, 2015
Twentynine Palms, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
More rain on the way I remounted the motor and drive on my experimental shaker table yesterday. I built a new drive arm out of an old telescope mount. I think this will work with less vibration and it has adjustable stroke better than an old stick. My linear rails showed up they were left leaning against my keep out sign at the end of the drive. Nice job UPS at least they could read, and it wasn't raining and yes, I was home at the time. The Vevor linear rails look well made I think I'll say goodby to the casters and try and mount these up. The rails are 39.4 inches long and 20mm in diameter the rail carriage blocks look beefy enough to handle my table and move real nice. For $68 bucks delivered I'll take a chance.
Yup, those are the same ones I will be using. I'm somewhat leery of the ball bearing block bearings, I will use them until failure. I went ahead and purchased replacements. The bearings are that fancy plastic

(SBR20LUU 20mm Linear Bearing Long Block 2Pcs, 2 Pack 20mm Linear Motion Open Slide on Amazon)​

that's nearly indestructible, and apparently very smooth compared to the ball bearing type. BTW, the ball bearing type that come with four blocks, may not be strong enough to carry more than a few pounds at such rapid movement. I purchased eight more of these types, so that I have four per rail to distribute the weight more evenly. Wish I'd known about those facy plastic bearings before buying the extra ball bearing type.

My mind couldn't wrap around how to mount the blocks to the table, so I'm using one meter DIN rail. All I needed to do was find where each block would ride, and drill holes (widen the slots) so the 6mm bolts can fit.

OP
OP
southfork

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, those are the same ones I will be using. I'm somewhat leery of the ball bearing block bearings, I will use them until failure. I went ahead and purchased replacements. The bearings are that fancy plastic

(SBR20LUU 20mm Linear Bearing Long Block 2Pcs, 2 Pack 20mm Linear Motion Open Slide on Amazon)​

that's nearly indestructible, and apparently very smooth compared to the ball bearing type. BTW, the ball bearing type that come with four blocks, may not be strong enough to carry more than a few pounds at such rapid movement. I purchased eight more of these types, so that I have four per rail to distribute the weight more evenly. Wish I'd known about those facy plastic bearings before buying the extra ball bearing type.

My mind couldn't wrap around how to mount the blocks to the table, so I'm using one meter DIN rail. All I needed to do was find where each block would ride, and drill holes (widen the slots) so the 6mm bolts can fit.
I had some aluminum channel I salvaged from an RV awning mount same width as the bearing blocks. So I have a small problem with the bolts I purchased the rim on a couple of bolt heads hit the edge of the channel so a little grinding should work. The bearings that came with the rails are ball bearing that plastic just wipes the rail. But should still be plenty strong they roll easier with weight on them. They use them on CNC machines so rapid movement hopefully won't be a problem?

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A little pricy for me but I like the frame and mechanicals at least what I can see. I don't like the tabletop riffle design but just my way of thinking about micro gold. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/372372092202023/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp:8f674f77-71dd-4e20-a930-5e8b3d44fdbe I'm into my build about $200 so far with the same type of motor and speed.
That deck looks odd. I’d visit and ask them to run some material and verify with a pan before I’d be convinced. Who can’t easily capture “larger gold” before running something across a shaker table? But I’d be interested in watching a video of it in use.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread