Gold Panning WV.

boomer

Jul 8, 2003
kentucky
Detector(s) used
army all terrain
I found a note i made back in 1997. i helped a guy move his son's stuff to Lewisburg WV. he was going to work there has an EMT. 2 of the local law stopped by and of course i start talking treasure hunting. they told me that 2 people pan gold out of the greenbrier river there, but they did not know where. one had seen the gold in a small jar and said it was vary fine. had to be flour gold? one said he was sure it was no more than an hour away. if one of you are in the area, talk to the local police. the 2 i talked to were about 25 to 30 year old.

Overeasy

May 7, 2008
If that's the case, someone should tell Tom Massie of the Gold Fever TV show. I know he goes to different states and hunts for gold, but I don't think he has ever been in the "wild and wonderfull." I think he found gold in Ky. I think they have a gold show in WV in the fall.... :icon_pirat:

Wv 49er

Tenderfoot
Apr 14, 2017
Clarksburg Wv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a note i made back in 1997. i helped a guy move his son's stuff to Lewisburg WV. he was going to work there has an EMT. 2 of the local law stopped by and of course i start talking treasure hunting. they told me that 2 people pan gold out of the greenbrier river there, but they did not know where. one had seen the gold in a small jar and said it was vary fine. had to be flour gold? one said he was sure it was no more than an hour away. if one of you are in the area, talk to the local police. the 2 i talked to were about 25 to 30 year old.
I was out there a week ago there were a few spots of black sands but I dident have my gear to collect any samples but will be returning around the end of the month to search the creeks again this time loaded with extensive gold hunting knowledge .
I will show my findings and results a few days after I return home

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions