What's new

Gold Plated Penny

penzfan

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2014
Messages
1,428
Reaction score
994
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 - Excal 1000 - Excal II - Sovereign GT - RTG/Oleg Scoops - XPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Anyone ever find a 10k gold plated penny? Found this one at the beach today.

Gold plated penny.webp
 
Upvote 0
I have never FOUND one, but I attend the National Association of Surface Finishers conventions and every few years one of the companies will have pennies that have different plates on them. I have a bunch of "mechanically plated steel" and a couple nickel plated. HH
 
Never found one, but I have gold plated foreign coins and set them free in a foreign country. I have never heard of any of them being found, yet...
 
How do you know its 10k.
 
gotta gold plated Kennedy clad half dollar
 
Eyeballed something similar in Walgreen's register till. I have proof sets that are gold in color, but found it odd to see this quarter mixed in. Just a 06 Nevada p

image-1673655474.webp

powered by pull tabs
 
I remember the Gold dimes that sprint put into circulation while living in Overland Park Kansas.

SPRINT PLANS GOLD-PLATED DIME PROMOTION

by CBR Staff Writer| 04 April 1997

Sprint Corp plans to drop 1,000 24 carat gold-plated dimes around the country as part of a promotion, with the first dime found worth $25,000 to the finder. The first person to find a dime and call the Sprint 1-800 number will win $25,000 and a year of free long-distance service from Sprint, and the next 10 will get the free telephone service and $1,000 each.:headbang:

th
 
Last edited:
cool promotion
 
I remember the Gold dimes that sprint put into circulation while living in Overland Park Kansas.

SPRINT PLANS GOLD-PLATED DIME PROMOTION

by CBR Staff Writer| 04 April 1997

Sprint Corp plans to drop 1,000 24 carat gold-plated dimes around the country as part of a promotion, with the first dime found worth $25,000 to the finder. The first person to find a dime and call the Sprint 1-800 number will win $25,000 and a year of free long-distance service from Sprint, and the next 10 will get the free telephone service and $1,000 each.:headbang:

th

How did they know if the winner didn't just gold plate his own dime?
 
How did they know if the winner didn't just gold plate his own dime?
That's a good question...now Ive got to know how they kept someone from doing that.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom