What's new

Gold Ring

RodneyU

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2021
Messages
82
Reaction score
412
Golden Thread
0
Found what may be my first gold ring yesterday. It’s pretty dirty but with some water and a toothbrush it looks like the Gold is coming through. It’s hard to tell how long its been In The ground. Anyone have ideas for cleaning gold rings at home?
 

Attachments

  • E6000F47-0A15-47AD-99A1-17171683D7A5.webp
    E6000F47-0A15-47AD-99A1-17171683D7A5.webp
    676.7 KB · Views: 109
doubt if it is gold. gold does not tarnish or rust
 
May be gold plated. I found a few like that.water gets under gold and rust and corrosion sets in metal under.
 
May be gold plated. I found a few like that.water gets under gold and rust and corrosion sets in metal under.
I took a tooth brush to it and it came off pretty easy but you might be right. There’s writing on the inside. I want to see what it says. Maybe even has a name. Looks like a wedding band to me.
 
doubt if it is gold. gold does not tarnish or rust
Got it at the jewelers for cleaning. The markings are 14k gf. So it’s not solid gold but gold filled which is better than gold plating but not solid gold. I’m still gonna call it my first gold find of 2022.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom