GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hear ya Msbeepbeep. (BTW...I used to own a couple of 1970 Road Runners and I was rarely caught but that's another story for another time)

Anyways...2016 for me so far has been much like a year ago with things much too important not to tend to. Waiting for my day and sorely need it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
would be a worth to try behind toni beets bucket dredge russ.I heard bucket dredges don,t get hard bedrock out efficiently and can leave the creme de la creme behind.

The problem is that there is no "behind" one of those dredges. They are dumping the sands, gravels and boulders behind themselves, covering anything left behind. Only hope would be to get into a hole from when the dredge was last shut down and abandoned.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok , so I'll tell you how sheltered from tv I am . I am sitting here wondering what season Gold Rush is on ?:dontknow:

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Moto that only tells you that you haven"t missed a thing.I sometimes wonder the same thing.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I guess , but I really like to see the equipment run . There are a couple of guys that are pretty decent operators , but the planning , etc is bad . When the Hoffmans brought in their monster red plant they should have made provisions for more water and larger equipment to feed the thing , and I would at that point like to have seen hydraulic riffles on that plant and a slightly better wash on the upper end. I would haveused a bigger pump system. I just don't think they ever had enough water and pressure to really clean the tailing . I may have even put a rock crusher at the the head of the plant to break down the ice and stone for a better wash . These guys need to go big or go home . It's enjoyable to see Parker make twice as much with there used equipment fromthe Hoffman's and less man power , is the kid a little , {you know what I'm thinking } yeah but he gets the gold ,following Tony's lead .

Last edited:

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to the dredge thingy i still wondering why none had thought about a 2nd "sluicing circuit " for the gravel and potentially gold ......cars got turbo .....some heating system recycle the hot before it is release in the outside ,are the dredge at the time only picking a certain size of gold after reading few topics here it seems that there isn't a super system in place to pick it all just a thought anyway...............

RR

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get the impression "Hollywood" has more to do with the operations than they should...but it's on their dime.

Not the first time they've decked out and messed up a "real life" drama to the point those that actually do that are pulling their hair out and screaming at the TV.
I used to peek in on it once in a while but I can't watch it all, drives me crazy and I haven't used a dredge. I guess it's the constant avoidance of common sense that gets me.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I loved it too. Go Parker GO! ......nge

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So , Is anyone going to tell me what season they are in ?:icon_scratch:

spaghettigold

Oct 14, 2013
western sahara
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is that there is no "behind" one of those dredges. They are dumping the sands, gravels and boulders behind themselves, covering anything left behind. Only hope would be to get into a hole from when the dredge was last shut down and abandoned.

between the end of the dredge platform and discharge of conveyor boom. Should leave a time window.There some options coming to mind,but don,t know if it,s worth the investment.

triple d

Nov 17, 2013
Central N.H
Detector(s) used
36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, And related gold prospecting equipment
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Im guessing the final season. But more then likey I would be wrong. Some soap opera"s Have lasted 30 years.

Last edited:

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Guys . I was thinking about checking the Discovery channel to see if the video set is available , I just love machines , I don't even really think about the drama . If I was in better shape I would go give it a try , but I'm past that point and my wife looks at me and says why , and I say because I could , and she says you could have . Thats right I could have , but long hours in a machine and running the show would at best be hard to impossible . I still have the mind of a 25 year old but the body of a 95 year old , it's a good thing chicks love scars , because my whole body has them . LOL

Indy gold

Tenderfoot
Nov 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk about running gold out the back of the sluice, remember when Gene talked Parker into rerunning tailings? The ended up adding more spray bars to wash the rocks better. Todd ran big red the whole time running a good % out the back from that and not using hydro riffles. Things like would add a lot to gold totals over the long haul.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the look on Todd's face in the preview of next week when he was told Parker might buy the land! KODAK MOMENT!!! ??? :BangHead:

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amen to that brother , thats why I would love to run the tailing and even the sluice area of the Hoffmans , I bet they are richer in Gold then what they get per yard .

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
it makes me soooooo happy that parker is ahead of the toad

QMaze

Aug 3, 2015
Windsor, ON
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1235-X |
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it makes me soooooo happy that parker is ahead of the toad

Really, Parker's a douchebag and has no loyalty to his crew. It was obvious when he made that remark that he couldn't care less who made him money. He defintely doesn't deserve Rick on his team.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread