GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A very interesting show tonight. Four more to go. Loser Toad won't get his 1000 ounces goal. Let him stop running his big mouth and do work on a heavy machine and lose so much fat.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Funny how a guy who locates gold with his "Gut Feeling" scolds a machine operator for not taking a sample pan.
Would that be TOAD CALLING THE KETTLE FAT?

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I havent watched this show in years. All the comments here are a reminder of why I dont!! Thanks for keeping me up to date. I see nothing has changed.

placertogo

Aug 25, 2010
Maine USA
Hoffman's outfit ran thousands of yards without sampling only to find chicken feed in the sluice and now Todd demands running sampling as the dig progresses. Am I missing something here?

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dig right there! Can you do that?
What? You didn't first sample what I told you to dig?
You better :censored: shape up. You got till tomorrow.

I've had bosses like that. Didn't like em then, don't like em now. You shouldn't just expect people to know more than the you do Todd, even tho they all do. And BTW...your cousin did and does know more than you as he proved it that day AND the next. Sometimes they will keep quiet just to make you look bad. Gotta watch that...Todd.

Good thing I don't believe all this :censored: :censored:. :censored:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You guys forget all that Todd knows is how to bark and look stupid! Especially at a relative? Good thing he's not my cousin! LOL!

waxy luster

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tell you what, Todd proved his worth . . .

as a goldang feminine hygiene product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would be amazed at the number of prospectors move a lot of dirt and wonder why they don't find any gold

johnnysau

Apr 23, 2012
Reno NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wondering !

I'm wondering how much difference gold hog mats would make for a lot of these folks versus what they run, i'm not promoting anything per se, but would you like to know if you can improve the take. There is so much material going through the boxes i cant imagine there is not substantial loss in small gold. Like i said before, i believe you could run a man to watch the sluices, that is his only JOB.

johnnysau

Last edited:

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm wondering how much difference gold hog mats would make for a lot of these folks versus what they run, i'm not promoting anything per se, but would you like to know if you can improve the take. There is so much material going through the boxes i cant imagine there is not substantial loss in small gold. Like i said before, i believe you could run a man to watch the sluices, that is his only JOB.

johnnysau

If they were to convert they would probably/surely(?) get better recovery and reduce the amount of concentrates in the cleanup process. That said there are at least two issues I can think of: real time field testing takes time and time is money; weight of the mat itself and the handling to clean up by reverse rolling and dunking (think 15' or longer mats X 2 to 4' wide). Shorter mats with a slick plate, conventional riffle, drop or whatever to separate them could solve that problem but involve testing and sluice body modification. I'm guessing that some commercial op somewhere, sometime, will see the light and prove them for large scale use and then others are bound to follow.:thumbsup:

Last edited:
OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I can't imagine a Goldhog mat of 3'x 15' as it would be a ***** to handle. I made a sluice of GH mates of 12" x 60" and doing the reverse roll up was not a problem. I suppose one could use multiply GH mats.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
i loved the adjustable boring mount tonys guy made.i really like people that can make something like that with not much to work with.
brad

Last edited:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has any one paid attention to the gold totals? Got to get your cut! LOL!

deserdog

May 17, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like Todd is going after big gold, with a third operation

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread