Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Gold Rush' Season 4 premiere

well against my better judgement, I got up this morning & watched the 2 hour premier
on my DVR
before coming online.

I didn't watch their 1 Hour spoiler talk show before,
I just deleted that.

====

Looks to me like Parker Schnabel is going to be the New Todd for comedy relief.
working with nothing to go on. Best drill holes showed "Trace".
I'm thinking his so Called friend Tony Beets is laughing through his scruffy beard,
behind his back.
I hope Parker didn't pay him for the land. Parker said it right,
Tony wont mine the land.

====

although the attempt at Drama failed, the Hoffman crew just may have
their crap together this year. not quite as Much "Waa Waa Waaaaa"
& no crying poverty yet,
when they needed something done, They coped & did it.
Fixed a Bridge, Hired a chopper to rush them a Diesil Filter, Crawled under wires
with their heavy equipment, with no mishaps :thumbsup:

They actually looked like semi-Pro

BS on the diamonds though imo, I still think diamonds are for Chumps.
I hope they are only mentioning them, for show filler.

====

the other crew with Fred the claim jumper, was a waste of space to fill a 2 hour show
IMO
just driving in snow, getting stuck , & trying to add drama.
:Add Yawn Gif here

====

now, unless next week is a 2 hour behind the scenes recap show.
and another 6 week hiatus till the next episode :(

I guess I'll stick around :icon_thumleft:

?Gold Rush? Season 4 premiere: Todd Hoffman on the run for riches in Guyana - Zap2it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm pretty sure that the 1029 oz total for Parkers operation was gross not net amount. Between paying Tony his cut, paying the crew their percentage ( I remember him agreeing to a percentage plan after his talk with GrandPa John) and all the other overhead involved in running an operation like his, I'd say it's a safe bet he didn't walk away with anything near the amount most people think he did.

All in all, I think that for his age, Parker did an outstanding job for his first year on his own. He took on a "man-sized" job, set a goal and managed to "Get R Done". Did he have some growing pains along the way? Of course he did! The important thing to remember is that this was his first season as head honcho and for someone his age he did pretty darn good. (IE: his crew didn't shoot him and he made his target goals)

Maybe if we are all VERY LUCKY next season we won't have to put up with Todd and Co.

Oh wait..... What am I thinking here? The Discovery Channel has to have their resident idiot. Beside... He's most likely got a contract.......

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm pretty sure that the 1029 oz total for Parkers operation was gross not net amount. Between paying Tony his cut, paying the crew their percentage ( I remember him agreeing to a percentage plan after his talk with GrandPa John) and all the other overhead involved in running an operation like his, I'd say it's a safe bet he didn't walk away with anything near the amount most people think he did. All in all, I think that for his age, Parker did an outstanding job for his first year on his own. He took on a "man-sized" job, set a goal and managed to "Get R Done". Did he have some growing pains along the way? Of course he did! The important thing to remember is that this was his first season as head honcho and for someone his age he did pretty darn good. (IE: his crew didn't shoot him and he made his target goals) Maybe if we are all VERY LUCKY next season we won't have to put up with Todd and Co. Oh wait..... What am I thinking here? The Discovery Channel has to have their resident idiot. Beside... He's most likely got a contract.......
Todd is the show founder so he will never go away! It's his show .....
As much of a putts as he is he did have a good idea with gold rush.....

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd is the show founder so he will never go away! It's his show ..... As much of a putts as he is he did have a good idea with gold rush.....

Yes watching them Fail is the whole reason for the show. Plus next year will be the "Game Changer" :laughing7:

personally I like to think if Todd spent the season on Parkers land
he still would have failed finding a full ounce :tongue3:

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes watching them Fail is the whole reason for the show. Plus next year will be the "Game Changer" :laughing7: personally I like to think if Todd spent the season on Parkers land he still would have failed finding a full ounce :tongue3:
Probably true Jeff...since he and his team clearly do not understand the science behind how a sluice works or how to fine tune their operation to actually catch gold. Without some one like Freddy Dodge (or Tony B or even Parker who got the hydraulic riffles on Little Blue to work after Todd gave up on them) to advise them on their operation of the equipment, they are like little kids with matches...gonna get burned!

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab: XT70, XT17000, Sov XS w/S-1 probe
Tesoro: Lobo ST, Toltec II
Whites 4900, Eagle II SL 90, Spectrum XLT
Falcon MD 20, Whites GMT, TDI Pro, Vibraprobe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody have any thoughts about the hydraulic process? I'm trying to decide whether the water would actually melt the permafrost enough to get the gravel, or if the gravel where they used the monitor was not frozen. Being forced to thaw frozen ground in order to meet a goal is a nice plot twist, but I'm not convinced that the water would thaw the ice fast enough to actually make a difference with the amount of time they said they had to do it. I'm probably wrong, but....

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was nice to see Parker make his 1000oz.+ season.
And next season on that new ground he may hit 2,000 oz's

He should be able to start mining sooner next season......
All he has to do is move the wash plant and all the other equipment is already on site.

GG~

Last edited:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anybody have any thoughts about the hydraulic process? I'm trying to decide whether the water would actually melt the permafrost enough to get the gravel, or if the gravel where they used the monitor was not frozen. Being forced to thaw frozen ground in order to meet a goal is a nice plot twist, but I'm not convinced that the water would thaw the ice fast enough to actually make a difference with the amount of time they said they had to do it. I'm probably wrong, but....
i believe it would ... Not a lot different than thawing meat in the sink .. May not be fast but water transfer heat in and out of stuff much faster...

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i believe it would ... Not a lot different than thawing meat in the sink .. May not be fast but water transfer heat in and out of stuff much faster...
absolutely!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would imagine if he did drive back with all the gold,
they have all the permits necessary.
I doubt he hid it at the boarder or decided to risk just being passed through.

common practice is to carry it over borders in your colon

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I loved that whole episode. I love grandpa. ( note he said he never saw that much gold " all at once"?)
bet a dollar to a dime grandpa has many pounds of gold salted away somewhere

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't watch 'The Dirt' last night but I see Todd doubled down on the douchebaggery.

GOLD RUSH: Todd Hoffman Bashes Parker for Teen?s Lack of Gratitude, Grace « TVRuckus

Parker and Todd don’t get along; both of them admit that. But, the thing that is obnoxious about Todd is his self-righteous attitude regarding their so-called “rivalry.” Last night on THE DIRT, he made a statement that had to have amazed even the most over-the-top anti-fans who were sure they had heard the worst of everything Todd Hoffman had to offer:

“What bothers me is that he’s gotten help along the way, but he doesn’t acknowledge it. … Ol’ Todd here has paved a lot of the way for that kid. … I would have tension with anybody who doesn’t show grace. … in every situation at some point, you’re gonna need grace, too.”

Really, Todd? Really? Grace? You believe that you have not only “paved a lot of the way” for Parker, but you’ve shown him “grace,” as well?

-------------

What a dick. Tony Beets was the one there for Parker, helping when he needed it, pushing him when he needed it. Todd sold him a shitty, broken down wash plant and a D9, then left.

Didn't think it would be possible to dislike Todd any more.

Last edited:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I worry about old turd's head. I'm afraid that holding that radio to his head all day while his crew does all the work has harmed his brain.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't watch 'The Dirt' last night but I see Todd doubled down on the douchebaggery. GOLD RUSH: Todd Hoffman Bashes Parker for Teen?s Lack of Gratitude, Grace « TVRuckus Parker and Todd don’t get along; both of them admit that. But, the thing that is obnoxious about Todd is his self-righteous attitude regarding their so-called “rivalry.” Last night on THE DIRT, he made a statement that had to have amazed even the most over-the-top anti-fans who were sure they had heard the worst of everything Todd Hoffman had to offer: “What bothers me is that he’s gotten help along the way, but he doesn’t acknowledge it. … Ol’ Todd here has paved a lot of the way for that kid. … I would have tension with anybody who doesn’t show grace. … in every situation at some point, you’re gonna need grace, too.” Really, Todd? Really? Grace? You believe that you have not only “paved a lot of the way” for Parker, but you’ve shown him “grace,” as well? ------------- What a dick. Tony Beets was the one there for Parker, helping when he needed it, pushing him when he needed it. Todd sold him a shitty, broken down wash plant and a D9, then left. Didn't think it would be possible to dislike Todd any more.

they can't pay me enough to watch the Dirt, but what really doesn't help is Production mentioning at the end of the Show that Parker found more in one season, then Todd's crew ever found :laughing7:

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
they can't pay me enough to watch the Dirt, but what really doesn't help is Production mentioning at the end of the Show that Parker found more in one season, then Todd's crew ever found :laughing7:

Some times the truth hurts, but it's still the truth! :thumbsup:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dats the facts jack!

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the viewer that asked how todd felt about parker beating him with his own equipment?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep wondering why they didn't start blasting the ground loose. Surely someone up there has the training and licenses.

Blasting wouldn't accomplish anything more than ripping with a dozer. The end result would still be a pile of frozen chunks they couldn't put through the washplant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread