Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'Gold Rush' Season 4 premiere

well against my better judgement, I got up this morning & watched the 2 hour premier
on my DVR
before coming online.

I didn't watch their 1 Hour spoiler talk show before,
I just deleted that.

====

Looks to me like Parker Schnabel is going to be the New Todd for comedy relief.
working with nothing to go on. Best drill holes showed "Trace".
I'm thinking his so Called friend Tony Beets is laughing through his scruffy beard,
behind his back.
I hope Parker didn't pay him for the land. Parker said it right,
Tony wont mine the land.

====

although the attempt at Drama failed, the Hoffman crew just may have
their crap together this year. not quite as Much "Waa Waa Waaaaa"
& no crying poverty yet,
when they needed something done, They coped & did it.
Fixed a Bridge, Hired a chopper to rush them a Diesil Filter, Crawled under wires
with their heavy equipment, with no mishaps :thumbsup:

They actually looked like semi-Pro

BS on the diamonds though imo, I still think diamonds are for Chumps.
I hope they are only mentioning them, for show filler.

====

the other crew with Fred the claim jumper, was a waste of space to fill a 2 hour show
IMO
just driving in snow, getting stuck , & trying to add drama.
:Add Yawn Gif here

====

now, unless next week is a 2 hour behind the scenes recap show.
and another 6 week hiatus till the next episode :(

I guess I'll stick around :icon_thumleft:

?Gold Rush? Season 4 premiere: Todd Hoffman on the run for riches in Guyana - Zap2it

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not talking about the building. Discovery probably did pay for that more for their own crew. I am talking about the trommel, 2 excavators, 2 cats, their clean out equipment...... No way Discovery gave him that crap.

I'm not sure how I can be more clear. There was a claim and mining operation in south America. I think discovery said "can we shoot there" and flashed a bunch of money.

For all we know that hole was for the land owner's swimming pool.

mxer47

Jul 28, 2013
The high viscosity would explain the sluices not working. However the jigs should have caught something. Idk I don't have any experience with jigs but it seems they would be less effected by "thick" water.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The high viscosity would explain the sluices not working. However the jigs should have caught something. Idk I don't have any experience with jigs but it seems they would be less effected by "thick" water.
the jigs were set up with screens so many thing smaller than a certain size got washed away...and all their gold was too small for the jig to catch it as a result. The jig config was set up for diamonds not fine gold.

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure how I can be more clear. There was a claim and mining operation in south America. I think discovery said "can we shoot there" and flashed a bunch of money.

For all we know that hole was for the land owner's swimming pool.

The first step to being clear would be to actually watch the show. Did you not notice they hauled all the equip in on rafts and such? Dont you remember them getting it all stuck in the mud trying to get to the claim. In fact I believe they even had a shot at them buying equip at a show in Denver. The only operation that was already there was the one that ripped them off. I mean really have you even seen the show more than once? You have no clue as to what you are talking about. Personally I could give a rat turd about what Toad Hoffman and his band of idiots are doing I simply watch the show because there is nothing else on Friday night. If your going to comment on a show at least try to pay attention to whats happening before you start trying to correct people.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first step to being clear would be to actually watch the show. Did you not notice they hauled all the equip in on rafts and such? Dont you remember them getting it all stuck in the mud trying to get to the claim. In fact I believe they even had a shot at them buying equip at a show in Denver. The only operation that was already there was the one that ripped them off. I mean really have you even seen the show more than once? You have no clue as to what you are talking about. Personally I could give a rat turd about what Toad Hoffman and his band of idiots are doing I simply watch the show because there is nothing else on Friday night. If your going to comment on a show at least try to pay attention to whats happening before you start trying to correct people.

index.jpg

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the laugh Rdg Sluicer, and jeff of pa. :notworthy:
Except now I have to clean off my laptop screen and keyboard, as I really did spit coffee all over them.......

No really I did, no joke.
That look on Carrol O'Conners face got me :laughing7:

GG~

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Rdg Sluicer

Dec 11, 2012
Redding, Ca
Detector(s) used
BGT Prospector

BGT Super Mini

Angus MacKirk Explorer

South Yuba Mining Highbanker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the laugh Rdg Sluicer, and jeff of pa. :notworthy:
Except now I have to clean off my laptop screen and keyboard, as I really did spit coffee all over them.......

No really I did, no joke.
That look on Carrol O'Conners face got me :laughing7:

GG~

That's going on the background of my work computer.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this final episode was an all-Parker show. All I have to say is go-go-go Minnie Beets! That was funny as hell.

I did a check on Google Earth. He had a 450 mile drive, mostly on the Klondike highway. But it takes about 12 hours.

And Grandpa is fine. Parker said on Facebook that his grandpa wants to get his first laptop.

Last edited:

jcazgoldchaser

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So this final episode was an all-Parker show. All I have to say is go-go-go Minnie Beets! That was funny as hell.

I did a check on Google Earth. He had a 450 mile drive, mostly on the Klondike highway. But it takes about 12 hours.

And Grandpa is fine. Parker said on Facebook that his grandpa wants to get his first laptop.
They're making the next one look like "grandpa's last chance".

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
They're making the next one look like "grandpa's last chance".
i think for grandpa it's more about his last chance to mine with his grad kids you have to admire the old fart ! For his age he still has a lot of fight left in him!... Guess we know where Parker got it from.. Also noticed a big step in Parker growing up saying his biggest step drop forward was keeping Rumsfeld ... Instead of firing him . Back when he dumped the old sluice.. Personally I don't understand what the big deal was . All he had to do. Was scoop it up and wash it in his new plant .. But anyhow it takes a lot to look past himself and admit he was wrong . And that Rumsfeld really brought a lot to the crew... Also just wanted to say to all the folks who say they hate Todd so much that they don't like to watch the show...that you can find the bad things anywhere you look in life.. And the good also.
While I don't care for Todd much it much better not to focus on what ya hate so much and notice the things ya do like..
Life is too short to dwell on hating.. Find the thing ya love and enjoy them .. There's plenty of things to hate,plenty of things that are wrong in this world but ya destroy the good by letting yourself Focus on the hate...

Last edited:

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg left the bypass on. So he probably lost quite a few ounces of gold for that screw up. It was a pretty basic mistake.

So Parker ended with 1029 ounces. But Beets got a chunk and he had to pay his guys. I wonder how they worked that out.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wondered on the Crew also. If they were paid straight Hourly Wage, or guaranteed profit sharing Cut like Parker promised his crew in one of the early years at his paps mine.

as for beets, I think his was paid out in that lump sum a few weeks ago when parker wanted him off his back. plus the %'s that were given to beeets every time he showed up to cry poverty.
Most likely that was all included in the total, but just not mentioned so everyone thought there really was 1029 ounces on the table

Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i think for grandpa it's more about his last chance to mine with his grad kids you have to admire the old fart ! For his age he still has a lot of fight left in him!... Guess we know where Parker got it from.. Also noticed a big step in Parker growing up saying his biggest step drop forward was keeping Rumsfeld ... Instead of firing him . Back when he dumped the old sluice.. Personally I don't understand what the big deal was . All he had to do. Was scoop it up and wash it in his new plant .. But anyhow it takes a lot to look past himself and admit he was wrong . And that Rumsfeld really brought a lot to the crew... Also just wanted to say to all the folks who say they hate Todd so much that they don't like to watch the show...that you can find the bad things anywhere you look in life.. And the good also. While I don't care for Todd much it much better not to focus on what ya hate so much and notice the things ya do like.. Life is too short to dwell on hating.. Find the thing ya love and enjoy them .. There's plenty of things to hate,plenty of things that are wrong in this world but ya destroy the good by letting yourself Focus on the hate...
You are a wise person indeed. Good reminder.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I got a question. Parker drove from the Yukon over the border to Alaska with 5 jars full of gold. were there no taxes/tariffs or checks at the border? I find it hard to believe the Canadian government just let this kid drive home with about 600 ounces of gold in his truck plus an unknown quantity in the bucket.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, I got a question. Parker drove from the Yukon over the border to Alaska with 5 jars full of gold. were there no taxes/tariffs or checks at the border? I find it hard to believe the Canadian government just let this kid drive home with about 600 ounces of gold in his truck plus an unknown quantity in the bucket.

I would imagine if he did drive back with all the gold,
they have all the permits necessary.
I doubt he hid it at the boarder or decided to risk just being passed through.

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I wonder what his take was after paying the guys , equipment tony ect ohh and wash plant rental ...
There a lot of equipment that he has that was never accounted for in the show ...
That's a hell of a feet for a 19 year you kid ... Doing something like that at his age is going to take him a lot of places in life ....
Just kinda of sets the stage ... I know he's had some help getting there . But I guess we all have some sort of help in live ..But still just watching that unfold in front of ya would have some pretty profound impacts on any man ...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread