gold separating at its funnest

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
these pieces are 20 mesh, the red round ball is the head of a safety pin (for scale since i don't have a banana)

Ibloclu.jpg

iXvFLe1.jpg

dx36AIQ.jpg

my separator is finding a lot of stuff smaller than this, those go into my collection jar, these are the only ones worth taking pictures of.

will never go back to traditional panning, this is so much easier for me to process material through.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
wXJIEGL.jpg

found this tonight, or rather my gold separator found this tonight. this is the biggest piece i have found out at the groups claim so far.

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the separator itself is nothing complicated, i built it from extra stuff i had in my garage, material (currently running 20 mesh) goes down into the separator, water coming up into the separator breaks up the spoonful of material (it's like feeding a baby, one spoonful at a time) apart where the lighter material is carried upwards and out of the separator, the heavier stuff (including any gold) drops down into a catch jar (honey roasted peanut butter jars work great) at the bottom. (at its current flow of water, i get some non gold material in the catch jar, but i figure better to run slow and get more in the jar than go faster and lose any gold) i feed it slow so as not to accidentally lose any of the smaller gold pieces, i have seen some tiny stuff using the separator, hate to run water through it too fast and lose anything, i have a lot of 20 mesh to process before i get to any of my smaller material. hope that helps.

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
just found out that the place where my wife buys coffee, an employee there tested positive for cv19, wife will talk to her doctor monday. if she tests positive, then we both will have it. good thing i have a lot of material sitting in my garage to process, quarantine (for us both) is 14 days if she tests positive.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just found out that the place where my wife buys coffee, an employee there tested positive for cv19, wife will talk to her doctor monday. if she tests positive, then we both will have it. good thing i have a lot of material sitting in my garage to process, quarantine (for us both) is 14 days if she tests positive.

Let’s hope ur clean. I’m surprised you folks are still visiting coffee shops with 2162 active cases going on..
I went cold turkey visiting fast food stores including Starbucks.

I’ve heard most people see some symptoms 2-5 days after exposure.

I’m curious...did the health department track your wife down or did you learn about it some other way?

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
my wife checked her check book, she was there (dutch brothers) on march 1st, not april 1st, the guy tested positive a day or 2 ago, think we dodged ye olde virus bullet. it was on the local news this evening.

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
now that the excitement is over, i have gone back to "work" looking for gold

Last edited:
OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
let me think about that, i need to make sure there is nothing with a similar design out there somewhere in the deep dark internet. hate to share my design then find out that a similar design is under patent by someone else.

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
let me think about that, i need to make sure there is nothing with a similar design out there somewhere in the deep dark internet. hate to share my design then find out that a similar design is under patent by someone else.

You can make what ever you want as long as you don't try to sell it. Good luck.

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
X5bHCF8.jpg

first batch of material with 2 pieces in it......now there are 8, i love gold.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you using anything else other than your separator, like a gold cube or a sluice, highbanker, etc? There's lots of gold bearing areas around Vegas and plenty of equipment that will catch large quantities of gold that size.

daveoster

Greenie
Jan 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Look up the Goldrop by Sluice Goose Industries

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i only have my separator, i get my material from the claim owned by the group GSSN (Gold Searchers of Southern Nevada) i have a small gold buddy sluice, a blue bowl, even a nugget bucket, my separator is the first thing i have used that found gold. the other stuff you mention was above my budget limit.

OP
OP
zemetrius

zemetrius

May 12, 2019
Las Vegas
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
i have looked at his/their system the $1900+ price tag on their unit is WAY out of my reach. it may work as good as they claim, but i dont see myself buying one unless i win the lottery or something similar.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread