What's new

Gold, Silver, Very Little Clad!

M-Taliesin

Full Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2009
Messages
181
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Aurora, Colorado
Detector(s) used
White's MXT 300/Sun Ray Probe, White's MXT Pro/Sun Ray Probe, White's Spectra V3i/Sun Ray Probe!
Howdy Folks!
A moderator from another forum was passing through these parts and
we got together for a short hunt and found some good stuff.

RJ and his son visited Denver on their way to Cheyenne and we hit a
couple of spots and the pickins were slim. Still, RJ managed to find a
real nice silver earring and a cross that I believe to be silver too, stamped
only with "Italy" on the backside. Meanwhile, I got lucky in finding a
strange looking pin of a stylized cat that is goldish looking. Later on I
hit a twitchy signal and up comes a 14k gold necklace. What do you
wanna bet it didn't get left behind?

Anyhow, considering we started around 8 or 8:30 am, and were done
hunting around 10:30, we profited nicely from hitting just a couple of
spots.

Along the way, RJ asked to meet my hunting pardner Pipster. I called,
woke him up and got him to come out for a bit of hunting. He didn't
find much, but I suspect he hadn't fully regained consciousness yet
by the time we arrived! We teamed up to hunt the second site, and
RJ is going back to Texas with a Colorado flag pin he found there!

We had a fun time and I'm always happy to come home totin' gold!

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
 

Attachments

  • DSCN0960.webp
    DSCN0960.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_0146.webp
    IMG_0146.webp
    19.1 KB · Views: 479
  • IMG_0150.webp
    IMG_0150.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 497
Upvote 0
WTG that is a nice haul for 2 plus hours of work. I would take a gold chain too, why leave it for the next person :laughing9:
 
ah gold it makes all the difference in a good hunt. good job
 
M-T,
What did that gold chain read as (VDI) and how deep was it. My M6 should have the same numbers as your DFX.

SKD
 
SoreKneesDayton said:
M-T,
What did that gold chain read as (VDI) and how deep was it. My M6 should have the same numbers as your DFX.

Howdy Soreknees!
I believe, but can't be certain, that it rang in between 14 to 16 VDI. I was using the
MXT on that particular hunt. The chain was superficial to the chips. Just enough chips
to cover the chain and keep it out of sight. In fact, I bumped the ground with my 6x10
coil and it came into view.

Hope that helps some.

Blessings,
M-Taliesin
 
cool finds :icon_thumright:....ok whats up with the cat we need details
 
way to go M-T
 
wtg on the gold and silver finds Ive watched the whites forums and your posts are the first ones we like to read . Since we dont own a whites I always felt a bit off posting much there but you guys over there make some great finds
hh
dave+bobbie
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom