GOLDEN Hand Crafted Snake Ring

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This post is for the best thing I have ever found. His name is Casper-2 I met Casper back in 2010 here on TreasureNet. We started to chat more and more over a period of time. I could tell we would hit it off if we were ever to meet up. Well about a year or so after we did in fact meet up and of course shared our thoughts and of course finds from over our long careers of detecting. We had quite a bit in common.
We also made plans quickly to hunt together to see if we could find some GOLD. I had offered Casper to join me to a spot, that I knew had a couple of rafts that are long gone from the old beach I knew very well. I knew with his skill he could also get out further than I could. I told him what to look for in the water, It was two huge sprockets used to hold the raft in place as a mooring.
Low and behold we went in May of 2012. And we both did very well that particular day. We both scored a few Gold rings and lots of silvers too.
Casper was the winner that day, with a beautiful hand worked GOLD snake ring! we both agree that it was make from a Gold coin. It later acid tested over 21 K Needless to say I said if you ever want to sell it I wanted first shot at it.
Fast forward to 10/26/22 10 years and 5 month's later. I received a package from Casper. You guessed it, it was the Gold Snake Ring that he had found that 2012 season. I can't tell you how I felt when I opened up the box, and saw a ring box inside. I knew rite away when I was opening it, what it was going to be. This is a very special ring to me even though I didn't find it, lot's of reasons come into play. It came from where I grew up. From an area that I knew would produce great finds, and most importantly, from a great friend, whom I can't thank enough. You are a man of your word. As you know, this made me very emotional on the phone when I called to Thank You. From one Treasure Hunter to Another, God bless you buddy.

Attachments

• 2022-10-26 16.22.52.jpg
    2022-10-26 16.22.52.jpg
    330.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 2022-10-26 16.56.04.jpg
    2022-10-26 16.56.04.jpg
    730.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Upvote 17

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I had gotten it to you sooner - I never planned to sell it - one of a kind and hand forged
But knowing it meant more to you than my just keeping it in a box...I knew I should give it to you.
I would have never found it along with the many other good finds from that area if it were not for you.
Continued Good Luck to you !
Casper

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 30-30 Minelab X Calibur 1000 MineLab Equinox 800 Garret Infinium Fisher CZ 21
Primary Interest:
Wish I had gotten it to you sooner - I never planned to sell it - one of a kind and hand forged
But knowing it meant more to you than my just keeping it in a box...I knew I should give it to you.
I would have never found it along with the many other good finds from that area if it were not for you.
Continued Good Luck to you !
Casper
Cant wait to try our luck again soon. We made a great team then & I know we can continue to do so... Have a wonderful evening buddy...

OP
OP
Whydah

Whydah

Bronze Member
Feb 24, 2010
New England
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I wore the ring all day today...People love it :wav:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread