pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Started to see these pollinators this year.
20210821_104412.jpg

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks too much like a wasp for me to appreciate it!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pepperj thanks for sharing ..i have to see if those beetles are over here and love the vibrant color of the flower..I also read a article today to try milkweed for monarchs..have you ever planted it

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pepperj thanks for sharing ..i have to see if those beetles are over here and love the vibrant color of the flower..I also read a article today to try milkweed for monarchs..have you ever planted it
Hi Bill
The Monarchs were feeding on the alfalfa blossoms around the field and berry patch fencing. ( I leave a boarder of grasses, wild flowers around the 800' of fencing).
Milkweed: I planted some seed last year in an area that I took back from the wild Sumac, the grasses and golden rod and small Sumac has made it into a wild raspberry, flower, area.
I have no idea if the milkweed grew.
We have milkweed growing around the perimeter of the field in many areas so I'm not overly concerned about planting.
I do though harvest a few seed pods, break them open and put them in the arm rest on the passenger side of the truck.
When I go out and about I lower the window and the seed gets sucked out of the window as I travel down some side roads that don't get sprayed by the road crews.
Kind of a pollinating vehicle.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pepperj. Great idea on the seed pods while driving,I hope to get a package of seeds also..
i have a few Miss Molly butterfly bushes and the monarchs truly love them..I like that variety as they are a nice color .. do not get tall and stay compact but every now and then a deer will walk thru them

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
pepperj. Great idea on the seed pods while driving,I hope to get a package of seeds also..
i have a few Miss Molly butterfly bushes and the monarchs truly love them..I like that variety as they are a nice color .. do not get tall and stay compact but every now and then a deer will walk thru them

I like the look of the Miss Molly-we're a zone 5 so with a little care it should make it. Thanks Bill

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are in zone 5a and 5b according to what I just read.They grow very well over here and they really make the scenery look so so good and the deer do not eat them..
After Labor Day here nurseries start to reduce their prices so I will try to get a few more

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Be careful when planting milkweed that you can control it. I planted one plant last year and now have them everywhere!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread